Van Hansis acting is so bad!!

• Members

Oh, I totally agree with you. I just keep watching scenes of Luke insisting he get in the face of every straight person he runs into and shouting "I'm GAY! And if you have a problem with it, you are IGNORANT!", and once anyone suggests that maybe he just go hang out somewhere else, or look for another apartment, or another restaurant or bar or whatever, he starts throwing "the cause" in their face. And he won't let "them" win.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well.... to put my perspective on things. I don't think Hansis' acting is all that bad, I actually think it's pretty realistic. For the gay posters here....Think about this: How many blonde, twinkie, whiny, shallow, drama queens have you all come across in your lives? I think he's pretty authentic. I do see the submissive bottom thing, but I've always had that problem with LABELS, you can see my avatar, I look like a blonde submisive type, but I go hunting, run a chain saw, drive a pickup truck, get dirt under my fingernails, and am a top (But I used to go to the bar with glitter in my hair!). A contradiction in terms, I suppose... so gay people don't neccesarily fit into these little pigeon holes. I agree that Silbermann looks dead onscreen, stiff as Ed Sullivan. But I like Hansis' acting, or maybe I'm jsut bowled over by his cuteness, who knows? LOL

• Members

Absolutely - I feel ya. I'm a video game playing, beer swigging, baseball loving, baggy clothes wearing, soap opera loving "otter" (I love that word - seriously, who first started that on here? I've never heard it before SON). Who will dance like a fool the second Pink or Katy Perry or Metallica or NOFX comes on the radio.

I think those nuances are beautiful and the "contradictions in terms" are what make us all so fascinating, whatever our orientation.

Sadly, I don't get any of those nuances from Van.

ETA: But I will give it to ya that he's cute. LOL!

• Members

Van was over hyped from the beginning.

He came on and everyone was in instant love with him. he was amazing. The best [!@#$%^&*] ever. Perfection! Give him EMMYS NOW!!

When in reality it was a well done storyline on a mediocre soap. Van was okay, and thats it. From that okay IMHO hes actually became really good, however he is strapped with an awful storyline with a boring partner.

as for the history book, damn right it should go down into it. no its not been perfection. but really, what the hell is in daytime? esp in the past 10 years? its still above and beyond anything done on any other american soap.

• Members

The story did start well as brimike mentions but has failed miserably. I take offense to the mediocre soap. At the time ATWT was better than it was now. So many other soaps are just as mediocre...Hell I would say all except for Y&R are mediocre...LOL

• Members

I still remember those first few weeks - Van had the angst DOWN. NAILED IT. His apprehension at even shaking Kevin's hand, and subsequent "pushing the envelope" with him with the back rub was at once romantic, heartbreaking, erotic, and terrifying. And Van played every one of those emotions truthfully, honestly, and beautifully. And the whole idea that Holden would be the one to first suspect Luke was gay? Brilliant. It totally was. Then the conversations where Holden and Luke kept talking AROUND it, instead of facing it head-on? Great writing. Great acting, even from Hensley. Fantastic. Old school ATWT. And I remember thinking "Holy hell, they're really going to get this right. They're really going to pull it off."

*sigh*

• Members

EXACTLY. We don't know who Luke and Noah are besides the fact that they are gay and Luke is proud of it and Noah likes movies. As an actor, Hansis made much more specific choices when he first came on. I think that's why so many people took to him. Now, he's whiny, preachy and demanding which is NOT the Luke of two or three years ago.

As for Noah... well... I have nothing to say. LOL.

• Members

And today's show was just a bad example of that. His reaction to Lily and Damian was really badly acted. Maybe it's all the bad actors he is working that is bringing down his acting as well. I am not just faulting that for his bad acting. But having bad actors opposite you doesnt help anyone.

Archived