Van Hansis acting is so bad!!

• Members

This confuses me too. All I can think of is now that nearly every soap heroine is, by old soap heroine standards a big old slut, they feel that Luke and Noah have to carry on the youn ginnocent love thing.

I mean it's gotten to the point that I know very few gay guys who could relate to them. remember a while back when that gay guy who liekd Noah or whatever invited him to a gay party? And then he freaked out when he foudn out there'd be DRINKING there??!!?!? WHAT THE HELL. I knwo in the US you can't legally drink when you enter college for many because the age is 21 (a law I find archaic and bizarre and I think one that actually helps cause, ironically, over drinking in young college goers but no matter) but really. Are they meant to be that naive and innocent and pure? They'd miss out ona party finally ahnging otu with othe rgays becuase there's gonna be booze there? (I know Luke has a drinking prob but even still). And there seems to be a philosophy as well that once you have a boyfriend there's no need to hang out with other gay guys (or girls)--they just represent a threat to one's happy normal life. The only reason someone would ever want to go to a gay bar would be to make his boyfriend jealous or "be bad" , etc it's just such an oldfashioned view. At least when Bianca came out she'd go to the lesbian bar (which seems to have disappeared into the Pine valley fog lol)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. I missed that episode. Imagine my rant that day, if I'd watched. LOL!

That's like when Logo started, they didn't want their homosexual characters to ever be seen drinking, doing a drug or having a one-night stand. EVER. In any show.

See ya... LOL!

• Members

On a totally unrelated note, does anyone else think Grayson started on the show fairly strong and has gone WAY downhill? And no, I don't mean his reincarnation last year; I mean his start on the show back in 2003. He truly acts like he doesn't give a [!@#$%^&*], mumbles his lines, and seems to have an inability to move any of the muscles in his face.

• Members

I'm a casual watcher at best but I think it was last Summer? It just felt so... unrealistic (not to mention ridiculously naive). You'r einvited to a college party--and wow it's like all the gay guys fun and then SHOCK HORROR there's gonna be DRINKING there? And the show implies that's a good reason to chicken out and not go. Don't ge tme wrong I get annoyed with gay people in real life and on tv who's worlds revolve around being gay--all gay friends, etc, and I'm not saying I want Luke and Noah ghetoo-ized but it just seems ridiculous (and their relationship with the Z twins or whatever isn't helping)

Archived