Van Hansis acting is so bad!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, with that facial expression, he kind of resembles Chad Lowe. I don't mind him at all.... like I said before, twinkie drama queens are everywhere, soemtimes he DOES remind me of QAF's Justin, "I'll go to New York!!! And sell my body to gross old homos!!! I'm going to throw up!" I do think he's cute, though. What kind of guys is he into? Someone said he had a BF? What's he like?

• Members

Oh, that's completely legitimate. :D To me it kind of does, but I might be wrong. People loved him, then there was a whisper here and there how he isn't all that, nobody really payed attention to those comments, and voilà — here we are today. :D

• Members

LOL, I get what you're saying. I can't speak for everyone, but for me, I still stand by my praise for Van back in '06. I thought the story, the character, and him were great from about February up until June/July, when the Damian stuff kinda took over. The character of Luke, and Van's acting, was just different when it came time for Noah to show up, and I haven't heaped too much praise on him since then. Granted, I was excited for Luke/Noah for the first month or two, but like most everything else on this show, there was potential for a good, drawn-out story, and yet that potential was squandered for the sake of a quick fix. Sigh...such is the way of ATWT.

Noah and Luke are the first significant gay couple in daytime, and so I get that, and I get that everyone wants to support them, but at the same time...how is supporting shitty storylines really supporting them as a couple? If I had the pull that some fans have, I would have called shenanigans on Luke "falling for" Noah after only like...four or five OakdaleDays of knowing him. That kiss ban? I wouldn't have rallied to have them kiss, I would have said "[!@#$%^&*] you, ATWT" and took my viewership elsewhere, which I did because nothing on the show was interesting me at the time anyway.

And I'm getting long-winded again, as I tend to do when I'm discussing this, but oh well. I just think...ugh. If you're going to raise a big stink about something like a fricken kiss, where is the outrage over the generally [!@#$%^&*]-EATING storylines on this show? Why can't you go on CNN and tell them that soaps are a mere shell of what they used to be? Soaps, and in particular, soap fans, finally had a chance to be HEARD on various news/entertainment programs, and what did they decide to devote that opportunity to? A KISS!? It just bugs the crap out of me. Now ATWT is thinking "We're doing an A+ job with Luke and Noah now that they're kissing often! The fans ought not have ANY problems with Luke and Noah and their storylines now! All they wanted was a few kisses!"

NO!!!! NO!!!!!

• Members

Great post. Those who do support them could care less about the s h i t t y stories they are given. Why aren't they complaining? When Nuke is on the show is excellent. When almost anyone else on the show is on the show sucks. I've seen posts after posts with that kind of message.

I wish instead of Nuke we would get vets in place of them in a story. Seriously, Nuke's stories dissolve into nothing. They have no substance to them. They are giving them a story just for the hell of it.

Archived