Van Hansis acting is so bad!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was waiting for you to post Amity. :lol: He wont get an Emmy this year. He is in the supporting actor category. Honestly I thought he started very well as Luke but now he totally sucks in the role. And this comes from a fan of his.

• Members

It actually bothers me that his board members wear blinders where he is concerned. He and Jake can do no wrong. His acting was awful today. And many here agree with me. That is all I am saying. He needs to get his acting up to par again. I am not mocking you at all. At least you are allowed to post here. Van's board is restricted to only posters who worship Mr. Hansis. I wonder if he knows this??

• Members

That bothers me about ANY fan base. I was the world's biggest Jake McKinnon fan, but I knew when Tom Eplin was phoning it in. I loved Jack and Jennifer, but even I could admit when Melissa Reeves just didn't give a damn anymore. And I loved Roger and Mindy on GL, but even I knew that couldn't last forever.

Honestly, I'll never get why fanbases can't be a fan of someone or some couple... and still acknowledge when something's not good? Not everybody is going to be brilliant in 250 episodes a year. Doesn't mean you still aren't a fan.

• Members

Trust me, that is not true. When Jake first came on, in particular, his acting skills left quite a bit to be desired, but I do think he has improved a great deal. It seemed like he softened up a lot, whereas in the summer of 07, he was like stone. Everyone on VH.net disagrees about various things, sometimes we aren't "feeling" a scene one week whereas the next week will be great. It is not restricted in any way. We actually have quite a few Jake lovers on there who joined just so they could communicate with other Nuke fans (and some people wanted Brian to be with Luke, Reg/Tony to be with Noah, etc.)

• Members

I disagree with you. I was a member and believe me if you didnt like Nuke as a couple you were banished. I got banned for not liking Nuke as a couple. I am more than sure Van knows and could care less. But members being banned for not liking the pairing or Jake as an actor is a pity. That's why I stand by what I said about his board being restricted to those who only worship the two actors.

• Members

Okay, again, I don't think Van is a saint who can do no wrong. Actually, while his coming out story was mostly amazingly well acted, I remember back a few years ago, one scene in particular (where Holden is envisioning the possible scenarios if he asks Luke if he is gay. In one, Luke admits it, and gets upset saying he knew Holden wouldn't accept him, and in the other, he freaks out and tells him no, he's straight, how could he assume something like that, ya da ya da ya da) was not very good. I think it felt forced and over the top, and I'm not sure why.

People also always say that Van plays an excellent drunk, and while I don't think it's bad, per se, I do think it's a little over the top.

Van does have his weak points. I'm one of his biggest fans and I'll acknowledge that.

• Members

Well to be fair in this instance i think it's warranted. The idea of Luke being gay and havign a romance is fine and worked but the execution ahs been more and more subpar--which I think is partly why his acting has been so one note (I think Jake has gotten even WORSE and he was never good to start with)--onlys ome soap actors can make even subpar material relaly shine and Van isn't one.

• Members

Amity, I wasn't specifically talking about you when I said that about fanbases. I was just talking about all fanbases/all shows in general. I know a lot of folks at the Nuke board, and they're alright people. Some take it overboard - some ALWAYS take it overboard, no matter where you go, or which show you watch. But please don't feel like you have to defend yourself. I was just making a general statement about fanbases. Not you specifically.

• Members

Some people are ridiculous about it. I've had plenty of altercations with other Nuke fans over this same stuff.

I guess all I can say is... embrace Van's bad(?)ness (which I apparently am blind to :P ) and appreciate the fact that he has better hair than Dusty/Grayson. ;)

• Members

I dont know if Jake's acting has gotten worse but it hasnt improved..IMO. I have a feeling he hates the role of Noah. I just get this vibe....well its more than that. I have a feeling if he got other offers he would be gone so fast that your head would spin.

I dont remember. I think back in 07.

Archived