Van Hansis acting is so bad!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally see what you are saying. But it's like when I see Noah and Luke, IMO they always seem to play the damsel in distress thing with one another.

Noah is sad about this, Luke is sad about that. blah, blah, blah...

Luke reminds me of a watered down version of Justin from QAF and Noah reminds me of a watered down Mikey. I think that's where the problem lies when I am watching them. Now I know that these are two totally different shows, BUT, I don't feel like their personalities compliment one another. I think this is one of the main reasons a lot of viewers on here, including myself think it would be interesting if another gay character came into play to rock their little worlds.

The thing is, I would really enjoy Luke a hell of a lot more if he was running around doing all this good stuff for gays like he is trying to do with the foundation, but at the same time, trying to find love and acceptance from a guy who has totally different morals and opinions on things. Someone to totally contrast with Luke's ideals about life. It would be more compelling IMO if Luke were chasing after a guy who is a little older, a guy who is polished, professional, who doesn't care what the world thinks, someone who is selfish and really, really, f'ing hot. A man who is confident to know he can lay anyone he wants, whenever he wants. And he gets so much pleasure out of torturing Luke, because he knows Luke wants him so much, and he loves the chase.

The same thing goes for Noah. It would be more interesting if he were paired with another gay character, but unlike the one I described for Luke's, someone who is like a party boy, like all around circuit boy who loves to get wild, doesn't think about the consequences, get's in a lot of trouble, and Noah always has to bail his ass out, but they see something in one another.

I think to liven Luke and Noah up a bit too, they need to explore other gay issues that can effect their lives. For example, what I described for Noah, he can get involved with a sketchy circuit boy who loves to party and when I say party I mean ski and this character could have participated in a lot of promiscuity, protected and unprotected. Noah and he could have sex, a condom could break, it would rock Noah's entire world. It could affect Luke too because it could make Luke question his desire for the guy I described for him. Fortunately, I would hope that everything would turn out for the better for all of these guys, but it all brings more depth and reality to their respective characters.

• Members

I always saw Luke with an older man. Brian was a little too old, but I think a great story would be Luke hitting the city, discovering party boy land, drinking a lot, getting promiscuous and crashing and burning until Brian comes back into his life and straightens him out. I don't know if that would lead to romance but it would certainly make for compelling television.

As for Noah, I don't know if I would pair him with a party boy or just leave the show, LOL. He really just seems to exist for Luke.

• Members

Nice post. IMO...Luke is becoming too much like Noah. Both characters are now wishy washy...downers....so boring as a couple. One character needs to be more dominate. Both are poor as me attitude. Which makes for a boring pairing to watch on screen.

• Members

Emily has four cousins, quadruplets, and they were all born circa 1984. With the appropriate SORASing, the show could easily introduce one of those quads at a guy in his late 20s/early 30s. It would be two birds with one stone for me: getting Luke in an interesting relationship and revitalizing the Stewarts.

• Members

You are just full of good ideas on this, I'm loving it!

Bringing on a Stewart is perfect. It would be a legacy character and like you said, it would revitalize the Stewart's. And Emily could be like a fag hag or fruit fly. I can totally see her getting down with her cuz, trying to find some potential guys for him, and then Luke comes prancing in.

Then we can still have that David Lago character lurking around the corner, waiting to just swoop in and catch his prey.

I could always see Carly hanging out with a guy who is her gay bff. That would be entertaining.

• Members

That's because they both suck at life.

Too bad MADD Dawg isn't Executive in Charge of Production anymore. I bet she would have canned him 2 years ago and JP if her position wasn't eliminated in 2005.

I bet Wendy Riche would be a good EP for ATWT. MADD Dawg should have gotten Linda Gottlieb for GL instead of Conboy in 2003.

• Members

Say what you will about MADD (and she deserves a lot of it), but NO WAY would she choose personal loyalty over falling ratings. They would have been out.

Not saying the people who replaced them wouldn't have made matters worse. But there's no way she would have held on to anybody whose numbers fell that much.

• Members

That's what I was saying above. They would have been gone by 2007. Maybe 2006 the earliest.

And like I also said above, I wish that she choose to replace Rauch with Linda Gottlieb. I think she would have really, really helped GL.

• Members

I haven't thought about what HW she would hire, but I know she would turn it into a critically acclaimed soap (like it used to be), just like she did with GH.

If Gottlieb became EP of GL in 2003, I think she would have held onto Millie Taggart.

Archived