March 23-27, 2009

Toups

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know this, but hopefully the demise can be prolonged a little.

The last I heard, it was a rumor. If not, the last airdate will be in September 2010. Hopefully they can go out with a bang.

I am one of those 'annoying' Nuke fans. I'm sure I'll still be just as annoying when the show goes off air. :)

• Members

Fan groups are anywhere, daytime or primetime. Some are worse than others, but I don't think as a whole they're bad. When shows should worry is when 'annoying' fans disappear, and they're left with people who just don't care anymore.

• Members

Right, I agree. It's just his opinion that we're annoying, anyway. I'll take it with a grain of salt, nod, and smile. No use in getting worked up over it. I like what I like, and Nuke is what keeps me watching ATWT.

• Members

I like Nuke, or I do in some of their stories, when they have more consistent characterization. I can't see a lot of other shows even attempting to have any type of relationship between two men, and I think JS and VH work well together. This Zac/Zoe story isn't good, but overall I think Noah and Luke have been more positive than negative for the show. For me the baby stories and the Paul/Meg stories have been the most consistent flaw in ATWT, along with the lack of commitment.

• Administrator

Damn you guys....wanting me to eat fast food all the time. You don't care about my health! All you want are the ratings, eh! :P:lol:

What happened to CBS on Friday? Were there pre-emptions?

• Members

So much for AMC losing that 200,000 viewers.

I am so happy that even in the midst of the great Zendell breaking up that AMC continues to rise. I love it.

As to the subject of fan bases etc. I have nothing else to say other than I commend anyone who can watch a show for just one couple or actor or whatever. I can't do it and more power to anyone that can. I am not going to watch any show or movie or anything just because of someone or some couple. If the writing and the rest of stuff isn't there forget it.

No one has ever been a bigger fan of Doug & Julie on Days than I was but even on the special episodes that they come back now I don't even tune in. An actor or actress might get me to try a show out but if the show overall doesn't intrigue me and offer more than that actor or performer or couple, then forget it.

So good to see all the shows up in total viewers. Nice to see the middle of the pack shows Days, GH, OLTL, and AMC also up from last year.

• Members

On the other side of that coin, this also sort of proves that Kendall, Ryan, Zach focus can bring in the ratings (and I know as much as there's a personal Z/K thing here, there's also an anti the "popular" crowd sentiment here), heh. Ironic, and a little disturbing because seriously that whole story is muddled garbage right now.

He's got a point, Toups.

Any holidays, spring breaks last week? Or did all the soaps just get lucky?

Archived