Predict the final four soaps that will be left on air.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No ABC owns all their soaps that is the big difference unlike the other networks. ABC gets the most profit from their soaps. AMC though I could see replaced by DAYS if NBC cans it mainly because DAYS does well on Soapnet. I would have said years OLTL would be the first to go but OLTL has at least five more years still in it. It could be ABC's last soap.

• Members

Okay, I'll bite. Why does P&G want ATWT dead?

Why are you all listing GH? The show is in creative freefall, over-budget, and is losing viewers at a rate faster than the other ABC soaps. Other than Frons' love for it, why do you feel it is "safer"?

• Members

GH will just outlive the other two. Its preordained. lol. Its all based on sentimentality and name recognition. Yeah, numbers don't lie. But Frons would sooner lose his left nut than lose GH. He will definitely be taking action where GH is concerned. How could he not? And as long as Agnes is alive and the two words LA LOOCH is on AMC, AMC will outlast OLTL. OLTL has never had that ONE BIG MOMENT (Luke and friggin Laura) or that ONE BIG STAR (La Looch). And that's precisely why i love OLTL. Its the little bastard child that could. And when its good, its better than any of those shows. HOLLA.

But damn, the show makes money. It has such a loyal group of fans. STRONG demos. Lots of young fans. I just feel like Days will not die. It will survive if Corday is willing to let go of it.

• Members

I am listing GH because it has historical importance to ABC. The same reason that CBS gave GL every chance, I think ABC will give GH every chance to save itself. ABC keeps pouring money into GH with wacky CGI stunts, indulging Guza by paying the main leads to work days more than their minimum, etc. ABC will do this until there is no way to save GH.

I agree you. On ABC, OLTL will go first, then AMC and then GH.

• Members

I still believe that ABC will cancel all three shows at once, since not one of them does significantly better than the other two. If that changes, then the one that tanks will be cut first, but as long as they stay close to each other, they'll all stick around until they go off the cliff together.

• Members

Uh, OLTL can go in a heart beat, it's not even what the show use to be anymore.

I think the ABC soaps are going to last longer that people think--until they find something that will cost less and make them more money, and with SoapNet that's a hard thing to do. SoapNet record ratings for AMC and OLTL show just that--Frons has figured out a way to make more than normal advertising revenue on a single show.

Frons (as much as I think he's an arse) has always seemed to be ahead of the pack in figured out how to make the most off of soaps and be proactive about the budget, and that's going to take ABC a long way.

• Members

B&B will be merged into the Y&R the show is not strong enough when the vet's decide to leave then that will be the end of the B&B. ABC soaps will most likely moved to soapnet so Disney can try and make Soapnet work. Y&R will be the last soap standing

Archived