Predict the final four soaps that will be left on air.

• Members

Honestly my prediction is DAYS will leave the airwaves next September and NBC will be soap free which is want they wanted for years. It could replace AMC though which I believe will end it's run in 2 years. ATWT unless it does something drastic could be let go next year. My prediction is Y&R obviously has years left in it, B&B, GH(they need to slash the budget bigtime) and OLTL are the final four soaps left on the air.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL will never outlast AMC. Even if OLTL makes a higher profit, they will ditch OLTL first and readjust funds. There is no way, unless OLTL became significantly ahead of AMC in the ratings (well demos).

The last 4:

Y&R

B&B

GH

AMC

Days is such a wild card, I just don't see that show dying. With ratings and demos like that? I really want to put it in AMC's spot

• Members

It is not a post in poor taste it is the sad reality this genre is facing. It is a dying genre and what will be replaced is reality TV, more talk shows, court shows and shows like the Hills. It is sad but the economy is so bad right now. Plus there is DVR and cable has over 200 channels now. We have to face the reality. GL's cancellation is NOT shocking, it is sad but nowhere near as shocking as AW was back in 1999. I am sad for GL because what was a crown jewel of daytime became a shadow of it's former self.

• Members

AMC is a BMW, OLTL Is a Jaguar.

A Jaguar is more trendy in a way, but BMW has a name synonymous with luxury and performance, even if it really isn't the case anymore- and its more of a sentimental thing.

With the millions lost (or gained, however you look at it) by cancelling OLTL, they would just reinvest in AMC and make it profitable. Throw a few garbage characters from OLTL (McBain of course) at AMC, and be done with it.. Why do you think Lisa Hesser (DelWhatever) was hired? And all this stuff with AgnesNixon.com and AMC marketing..

I don't want this to be true, I don't care about AMC. But it is how it would go imo.

• Members

Last four: Y&R, B&B, GH, and Days.

NBC will hold onto Days. If they were going to cancel it, they would have done so already. GH will be dreck and not profitable with Guza still as headwriter, but ABC will hold onto it longest. Y&R and B&B will stay profitable and will be on the air for a very long time.

Archived