All- Behind The Scenes Rumors

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love this thread. I heard so many rumors, pieces of gossip, etc. Let me think of some I have heard and can remember through the years.

AMC: Michael E. Knight was gay.

OLTL: Melissa Archer wouldn't re-sign her contract unless the show broke up John and Evangeline. That ABC didn't even try to re-sign Renee Goldsberry.

GH: Senait Ashenafi dated either Sean Kanan or Steve Burton. Maurice Benard's wife controls his romantic pairings. Tamara Braun left because she didn't want to be paired with Maurice again. Ted King and Andrea C. Pearson (the 2nd Gia dated).

I can't think of any more.

• Members

I don't know exactly what Gordon had in writing after Dynasty was cancelled, but he sued b/c he wasn't able to play Adam in the reunion movie as he was on contract at Santa Barbara. Sian Phllips' ex husband, Robin Sachs played Adam in the reunion.

Donna Reed sued Dallas for wrongful termination. She was hired to replace Barbara Bel Geddes when she fell ill, and when BBG was well enough to return, Donna got the boot. Reed's family says that she never quite recovered from that blow, and they believe she passed (soon after) with that sadness in her heart.

• Members

Speaking of Shannen, I always laugh when I see this pic

normal_bevpromo_21.jpg

See the red dress Jennie Garth is wearing? That's the one she and Shannen got into a fist fight over.

Also, Shannen hated Christine Elise(Emily Valentine) because she was dating and living with Jason Priestly. So much so that she went to Aaron Spelling and Charles Rosin and threatened to quit if they made her a series regular.

• Members

I didn't know Ms. Bel Geddes was ill during her hiatus from Dallas. I heard that Ms. Reed took over the part because Ms. Bel Geddes didn't want to return but after she (Ms. Bel Geddes) saw Ms. Reed as Miss Ellen she wanted her character back so they replaced Ms. Reed with the original Miss. Ellen.

• Members

Ooooh, I forgot all about the queen of drama, both onscreen and off, LA IRNA!!

CBS wanted to do an episode or two of GL in color, but Irna disliked the idea of them doing something to her show without her involvement, and so she set the entire episode in a hospital full of grays and whites, and so it was pretty colorless anyway. CBS got the hint and went barking up the SFT tree instead. Irna fired Helen Wagner after a few months of ATWT because she didn't like the way she poured coffee...she also fired a guy from AW simply because she didn't like the way he looked at all. She insisted that none of her stars go by their real names in public and encouraged them to live their lives in character. She once based Rosemary Prinz's acting so much that Rosemary was reduced to tears, and because of things like that Kay Campbell refused to work on anything where Irna was involved (she only went to GL after learning that Agnes would be headwriter).

And my personal favorite: Irna disliked an episode of ATWT very much one day, and so as soon as the closing credits rolled, she called up the studio. The secretary/receptionist greets her with "As the World Turns!" and Irna replies, "Not today, it didn't!" Also, I remember reading that GL executive producer Lucy Ferri Rittenburg just stopped answering her calls.

• Members

BBG had a heart attack/heart surgery. They made Donna Reed look ghastly, she was lit horribly (which by some accounts was no accident). Some say the folks at Dallas got word that BBG (the REAL Miss Ellie) was interested in coming back and they made things uncomfortable for Reed, trying to push her out.

BTW, Larry Hagman wanted his mother, Mary Martin to replace BBG.

• Members

1)Susan Lucci HATED -along with the entire cast- Charles Van Eman who played --Charlie--?? I am not an AMC fan and may be messing up his name and his character's name. He was a notorious bastard and was fired pretty quickly. This was around 1990 or so. This was the really young guy that they paired Erica with...

2) A certain once hot actor (in my opinion) SB and AMC (now on Days) veteran was fired from AMC due to his addiction to 1-900- Sex lines...

3)A certain executive producer had QUITE the reputation on OLTL in the 80's for#1 being a bastard and #2 also took a liking to the young female blonde castmembers of the cast. It was a blind item in SOD in 1989 and was obviously him. They said he did alot of "behind closed doors coaching" of the blonde castmembers which was pretty much the entire female cast (that was the clue) I love his work so go for it you dirty bird!!

4)Regarding RKK- Now I heard that Crystal Chappelle filed a sexual harrassment charge against RKK. It was a major, major, backstage drama at the time.

5)ABC started f-cking with actors back in 1990 or so. Fiona Hutchison was going through a really bad divorce and ABC decided to f-ck her royally in her new contract. She said she would be making significantly less under the new contract then she did in the old one- and she knew they decided to play hardball with her because of her weak emotional state at that time. She walked- and Gabrielle went to prison. It was a damn shame because Malone and Gottlieb came on board a year later and I would have loved to have seen what material they would have given her.

6) ATWT stars bitched and bitched and bitched some more when OLTL won the Best Show emmy in 2001. The claim was that someone on the blue ribbon panel (This is back when a select panel of industry people sat in a room and watched tapes) accounced that OLTL had never won the emmy- and that comment influenced the voters to vote for OLTL. Bunch of sore losers. I think it was a kick in their ass because the actors all thought they and ATWT walked on water when Hogan wrote the show and could not believe that OLTL, their timeslot competitor won. A few voters who spoke anonymously said this was not true, that OLTL's episode selections were outstanding- They were- and I am not a Whitesell or Tomlin fan ATTALL- to quote Viki. (They submitted the hilarious Trading Places episode and a very strong dramatic court room episode involving Nora regaining her memory after her imprisonment by Ty Treadway) So now ATWT have Jean Pissonme. Karma's a bitch.

• Members

1. Yep, that was Charlie, replaced by an older looking Christopher Lawford. I remember Erica and Van Eman Charlie's first scene, they were in a health club and Erica was sweating it up in spandex on a stationary bike. He was trying to mack on her, yadda yadda courtship, she screwed his dad and grandpa..

2. A friend of a friend ( ;) ) visited the set and asked for an autographed picture for my friend. The star reached into a drawer and said, "Ah, you're in luck! Last one!" The friend of my friend peered into the drawer and saw a healthy stack of headshots.

3. Didn't he also try to get under Strasser's skirt back in the day? He's an intimidating, dirty dude, it's not funny but I have to laugh at this guy. I would love to be a fly on his wall. I have some harmless anecdotes about him but they are so specific I'd totally be busted if the sources ever read this forum. :P

Archived