All- Behind The Scenes Rumors

• Members

Well if it wasn't, it's a little better-known now. :P

But he has admitted that his heart and mind weren't where they needed to be back then. I read an interview with Ron Jeremy once, and he cited Canary and his daughter's bad relationship. He also said DC was from OLTL. :rolleyes:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

2. A friend of a friend ( ;) ) visited the set and asked for an autographed picture for my friend. The star reached into a drawer and said, "Ah, you're in luck! Last one!" The friend of my friend peered into the drawer and saw a healthy stack of headshots.

3. Didn't he also try to get under Strasser's skirt back in the day? He's an intimidating, dirty dude, it's not funny but I have to laugh at this guy. I would love to be a fly on his wall. I have some harmless anecdotes about him but they are so specific I'd totally be busted if the sources ever read this forum. :P

SFK!!! You better PM me. He is my favorite executive producer of all time and I want the dish!! Dirty old man! God, the way he unceremoniously dumped the actress who played Sadie Grey was just horrible. Yet, I am still a huge fan.

And regarding numero 2- WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HIM!>>>>!>!> I finally saw a commercial with him as well as some pictures at Daytime Confidential- He was SO DAMN HOT as little as 7-8 years ago. He obviously gained alot of weight and his hair looks like a big, black, bushy wig!!

• Members

I loved Barbara Bel Geddes and they never should have replaced her, but the way they treated Donna Reed was absolutely terrible.

Larry Hagman was incredibly nasty to her. He went out of his way to make her miserable, including having the lighting director light her terribly- this was from her husband's own mouth. They took away her "key light" which for a woman over 40 is tatamount to career suicide. It causes shadows, ect and makes anyone look horrible onscreen.

• Members

To the person who asked about the Eileen Davidson rumors. The book does not give the dates but said it was supposedly started on Donahue with Eric Braedan who was a guest. At the time of the rumor Braedan had not been on Donahue as a guest but did go on Donahue after the rumor but would not even address the issue then. the book says that he did put out a call to the tabloids who circulated the rumor to try and find out who started it. He said he could wait to get his hands on the person who started it.

the Eileen Fulton case involved nude photos that Sleuth magazine ran - supposedly of her. Secretly they were of another young girl made up to look like her. They later did the same thing with Marilyn Monroe.

Here are some other backstage info from the book:

1) Ruth Warrick did not want to play Phoebe as pro-Vietnam War as she was written so she chose to play Phoebe as a bubblehead who didn't know what she was talking about. That did not sit well with Agnes Nixon who threatened to replace her if she did not play Phoebe as written.

2) Leigh McCloskey at first refused to play his character as being the rapist that raped Eden on Santa Barbara. In the end he was forced to honor his contract. he felt that women had a hard enough time with gynecologist and felt it was a bad move.

3) Louise Sorel was very vocal about her disgust over the flirtation between her character Augusta and Dash Nichols who had raped her sister, Julia, that producers wrote her out of the series for awhile.

4) James Mitchell refused to play Palmer as being duped so easily by Cynthia Preston, but in the end he lost and did what he was told.

5) Bob Hastings was very vocal with the press about his disgust for the turn in his story on General Hospital. He felt that it was a betrayal to everything his character stood for.

6) Donna Mills hated that they made Abby too evil by making her the one who kidnapped Valene's twins. To appease her the producers made Abby the one who told Valene where the twins were.

7) Darnell Williams and Debbie Morgan supposedly tried to change the writers mind about making Angie pregnant out of wedlock. They felt as the only black supercouple at the time that they were role models to young black men and women and it was a betrayal for Angie to get pregnant.

8) Beth Maitland tried to stop Traci's suicide attempt on Y&R. She felt that her character was a role model to young girls, and that seeing her attempt suicide sent a wrong message.

9) William Devane felt that the strip croquet match between Greg & Paige on Knots Landing was the stupidest scene he ever was part of. At the same time he said that it was also the most popular scene in letters and stuff that Knots Landing ever did.

10) During a scene on ATWT when it was live had Eileen Fulton appearing in an oxygen tent. During the live show the fake oxygen tent was zipped up and Eileen Fulton passed out due to lack of oxygen. She almost suffocated as no one realized she was really passed out until the show went to commercial.

11) John Beradino used to get so mad at other actors arriving late and being unprepared on GH that he would get mad and punch holes in the door to his office on the set (Dr. Steve hardy's door). They kept having to replace the prop door. The 3rd time that it happened they used a real oak door this time but didn't tell John. He went to punch the door and broke his hand.

12) During one of the annual cat fights between Krystle & Alexis on Dynasty Linda Evans got a little too physical and put Collins in the hospital with a wrenched back.

13) Brian Patrick Clarke and Sherilyn Wolter hated each other when they worked together on GH. They would get very real in the fight scenes between Grant & Celia. One day she was angry and during their fight she was really hitting him. She slapped him so hard that she made his ears ring. Later the two became good friends.

14) Bill Bell refused to give Tom Selleck a contract on Y&R because he though Selleck's voice was too high and squeeky.

15) Robyn Griggs was fired from Another World because of her friendship with John Wayne Bobbitt. They told her to end the friendship but she went out and was photographed with him. They fired her.

16) Billy Hufsey was fired from Days because he refused to cut his hair.

17) Patricia Kalember was fired from Loving because she cut her hair when the producers told her not to.

18) Producers of Y&R fired Amy Gibson when they gave her months to lose weight. When she didn't they fired her.

19) When Ilene Kristen was first fired from Ryan's HOpe it was also due to weight. She was on a medication which made her gain weight. When she couldn't lose it they fired her. She was later rehired in 1986.

20) Kathleen Turner was fired from The Doctors because the producers wanted someone hotter to play the role. They replaced her with Kim Zimmer. Kathleen Turner went on to do Body Heat right after being fired.

21) John Colenback was fired from As The World Turns the first time due to the fact that he chose to exercise an option in his contract which allowed him to do plays. When he did they fired him and hired John Reilly to play Dan.

22) TV evangelist Jerry Falwell got Dan Lauria fired from One Life To Live. Falwell didn't like Lauria's pimp character and complained to ABC. Gus was soon written out.

23) Grape Nuts cereal got Gil Rogers fired from All My Children. They were one of the sponsors of All My Children in the 70's. On AMC Rogers would be seen terrorizing the Martin family, but Rogers was also the spokesman for Grape Nuts playing a kindly grandfather giving Grape Nuts to his grandkids. It did not paint a good image for them so they went to AMC about it. AMC soon wrote in Roger's exit when Ray Gardner was blown up in a bomb. When Grape Nuts quit using those ads, Gil Rogers was brought back for occassional visits to AMC.

I'll let these digest and put some more stuff from the book later.

• Members

The actor you're speaking of is Todd McKee. Both left SB at the same time & took a trip around the world together, which raised some eyebrows. But I've always understood that they were just good friends.

David Canary.

It was actually Bridget Dobson who she fought with, which was surprising since Louise always had a pretty good relationship with her. Augusta was soon checked in to some mental health facility and was never heard from again.

• Members

Are these from Waggett's Soap Opera Book of Lists? I have that book, a fun read! I think it's time for an updates addition, I'm sure there have been plenty of juicy additions in recent years.

Similar to Gil Rogers, Roscoe Orman was caught between the devil and the angel on his shoulders. He was playing Donna's pimp Tyrone on AMC, and good-natured Gordon on Sesame Street. CTV worried he'd confuse (scare!) the kiddies who might catch him b!tch slappin ho's in Pine Valley. He chose Gordon, which was a good decision. Pimps don't last long in daytime, and he played Gordon for over thirty years.

• Members

Joan Collins totally has a vanity room, her New York and LA condos both have them...it's technically her 'office' but all the walls are covered (from top to bottom) with framed magazine covers that Joan has appeared on. Her awards are in her LA condo but she also has a book of her contracts (yes, you read that right) featuring the 'Before' contracts (ie before Joan had signed them) and the 'After' contracts (ie after Joan had renegotiated them)...Additionally, she has two Andy Warhol paintings of her that hang on the walls of her LA, New York condos...her homes in London and the South of France also feature things from her glittering career.

• Members

I LOVE this thread!

Supposedly, Hillary B. Smith and Colleen Zenk hated each other while playing Margo and Barbara on ATWT. This worked well, because their characters hated each other as well.

Alexandra Moltke (Victoria Winters, DARK SHADOWS) was supposedly the mistress of Claus Von Bulow , when Sunny took the Big Sleep.

The Jacob Young/Stephen Martines rumors were everywhere a few years ago.

Archived