AMC: Thursday January 15th, 2008

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Opal DID rock today.

The Chandler Carey crowd puts on a helluva custody hearing.

Soooo, Zach had already decided he would kill someone to get a heart. I didn't think they'd have him say it out loud.

I am glad Zach stood up for Bianca and Reese and his loyalty to Kendall, but I loved Erica telling him she didn't like the way he spoke to her and it didn't seem like she bought what he said.

Adam! I've missed him.

So did Josh fire in the air at Zach? I almost thought it was JR the way he fired off 3 rounds in the ceiling for no reason. :D

I missed some parts I'll have to check out later.

• Members

WTF My Liv?! I thought Tonya walked away for good after they let her languish forever.

This show could have a healthy amount of characters in every age range if they really wanted to. Some could be contract, some could be recurring. The late 40s/early 50s group of Tad, Krystal, David, Jesse, Angie, Livia, and Derek would be wall-to-wall talent playing good characters.

• Members

LIVIA!!! I was so glad to see her, I love her so. I wish they would have done a little three month arc to break her up from perpetual wet blanket Tom Cudahy so she could mix and mingle in with Pine Valley's singles. I would love Livia with Tad, Jackson, OR even Adam Chandler! When I was doing Fan Fiction years ago, I gave Livia breast cancer, and that started eroding her marriage to Tom, he fell off the wagon and actually got into an accident that landed Jamie Martin in a coma (full circle for Tom, what with his and Brooke's daughter Laura dying the same way). A remorseful Tom went off to rehab to get his life together and Livia was leaning on her lawyer/friend Jackson, which led to romantic feelings that surprised them BOTH and put Erica on the defensive.

But I digress.

I'm thrilled they're using Opal so much. She really DOES need to be on contract, especially if Palmer's screen time is only going to decline in the future. It really shows that the writers recognize her connections to the canvas and the show's history, and giving her such a prominent voice on the canvas is a GREAT start to something I hope will only increase. Plus, Jill Larson is a gem of an actress, and soaps NEED that colorful character, it sets them apart. The Sally Spectras, the Roxy Balsoms, and the Opals of this genre add so much flavor.

JR's an ass, and ruined great scenes today. I hate the way Jacob Young plays drunk.

Looks like Amanda's preggers! Let the games begin!

Josh's return is so random and forced. But if they had continued him as a bad boy in the last two years he would have been a hell of a lot more fun. Egglesfield is great as a black sheep.

Archived