AMC: Thursday January 15th, 2008

• Members

Okay, you know, I know that's kinda against the grain for someone to feel for Krystal in this situation and to point out the Chandler/Gardner clan's BS, but for JR to hop up and scream about child negligence like he didn't run all kinda of diabolical plans that put Little Adam's life in danger is ridiculous. I do not deny that Krystal has been a crappy mother to Jenny and Kathy over the last couple of months, but for JR to be all holier-than-thou, even if he's drunk, rubs me the wrong way.

I love Opal's deadpan delivery of "Two-timing junkie." And what do you know, there's my boy getting ready to light dis mutha up!

And also, is it really a big deal that a bunch of pills fell out of her purse? If I dropped a bottle of tablets, they'd spill all over the counter too...

Jake: Don't have to be a beyatch.

HAHAHAHA!! Goldin is having more fun at AMC than he had in his last three years at GL.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The courtroom scenes were great but I kept wishing Joe (with or without Ruth), Angie and Jake had shown up, too. I agree that the highlight was Opal on the stand worried that her granddaughters were being raised by a "two-timing junkie."

I was surprised When Zach approached Joe about the transplant list. Now that he's no longer Chief of Staff, what position does Joe hold at the hospital? I thought he had retired.

I loved Erica squaring off against Zach. I hope this is foreshadowing for when Kendall comes out of the coma and learns about Gabrielle.

Amanda's pregnancy should make for a great storyline with the three potential daddies!

• Members

Steve,

I thought that scene with Joe was so random. For one like you said he has retired and hasn't even been at the hospital. Plus with Jake and Angie working to get rid of David you would think they would have had a scene with Joe talking to one of them about why he retired, but we haven't even got that.

Then he shows up there with Zach when really in truth he would have been better used in scenes with Tad at the court.

I really have a feeling they have cut MacDonnell back on his guarantees so much that he will never be used in a effective way anymore. His scenes made sense before but the one here made no sense at all.

• Members

Adam teaming up with TadAss is all kinds of wrong since it was TadAss was the one that cheated with KWAK and rubbed Adam's face in it whenever he got the chance. I did enjoyed watching Adam taking the stand and testifying against KWAK, calling her wanton home wrecker.

JR should have been thrown out of the court room.

The Fetus has clearly LOST his marbles.

Kill Zach Kill!!

• Members

I'm so mixed on the show right now--for the first time since Pratt joined. I admit I still find it as entertaining as I have in ages--maybe more so. It's great to watch the show and realize there are all these interconnected yet DIFFERENT stories going on--not liek the past few years where it always felt like ONE AND THE SAME STORY on all the time.

But the show right now feels an odd mix of Pratt's almost Melrose Place style plot based plottign and great character based stuff and I'm a bit ill at ease with it. I oddly love all the Krystal/David/JR/AManda stuff--and I'm not quite sure why. But I wish they had found another direction than this pregnancy thing for Amanda--I love she has story but it's so tried and obvious, and plus Amanda's not fun when she doesn't drink and she can't drink when pregnant ;)

I sorta love the Annie nuts story but I still think the hospital is way too Passions. Maximum Security has a grate that opens RIGHT on another patients room where you're so close you can see each other? What the Hell? Sigh. It's just too simplistic writing for me--yet I find the story and the direction it's going intriguing.

And Josh. Yes I like the character despite his origins and feel a son of Erica, and the actor, deserve more but I really don't like his sudden return promising Kendall he'll get revenge (where did THAT come from) and all these other wacky out of character things just ofr a bit story. Sigh.I also think if they didn't kill him off--which is I asusme without spoilers where they're going--there'd be way more story potential here. Oh well

Don't get me wrong--I'm still enjoying my show and I hate to complain after the crap we've gotten for years but... Y'know, I gotta speak up. (And yeah the trial stuff was great, LOVE Opal lately, even like all the backburner stories lately like Randi's past coming to haunt her, Petey and Colby, Brok and Taylor, Jake floating around becoming the town drunk biotch, etc etc...)

• Members

I heard that he';s still one of the higher paid actors--which shocked me but even after the cut. I guess that's too much to hope for though.

Oh and YES even if it was just brief LOVED seeing Livia--Tonya P is one of THE most talented Broadway actresses alive right now, it's shocking )albeit not too surprising) AMC has her and doesn't use her.

• Members

That is so in Adam's character though. He has even teamed up in the past with Palmer who he hates. Adam will team up with anyone to get what he wants. Right now he hates David more than he hates Tad.

If only the fetus could get one good shot off at Zach before he completely loses his marbles. I know that would make a lot of fans happy. :lol:

I have heard that too Eric, but I also heard that while he is still one of the higher paid per episode performers that his guarantees got cut too - which means he will still get paid a good bit for the eppys he is in but he won't be around as much.

I just hope they choose to use him more effectively the next time around.

Several of the characters did use the word retired though.

• Members

Well it's about time someone realized that not only is she typically soap opera beautiful but she is a decent actress and character (it's a shame McTavish killed off her dad, and her mom hasn;'t been on in ages... Bring Janet back for more cameos--maybe even have a storyline with Amanda trying to live with Janet again? Would be entertaining and socially aware--and bring back timmy too :) )

It's founny Frons never pimped her as she seems his type. Odd.

Steve Frame I'm not TOO worried about Joe--pratt seems fond of the character.

Archived