December 22-26, 2008

Toups

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, because the great mystery of the universe right now is why DOOL is the only show TRENDING UP. It is a total galactic paradox!

I predict that the D&D departure will either have no effects on ratings, or ratings might even trend up. Because there are mysteries afoot over there. Something not-of-this-earth is driving the ratings on that show.

How long before Stefano, Tony, Anna, Patch and Kayla are canned? It can't be very long now....

• Members

I'm with you, I don't think Hall and Hogestyn's exit is going to make a dent in the ratings. I really believe that what we're seeing with DAYS is a transformation...my wife has been DEDICATED to this show for decades and she thinks it's really changed into a whole new show. She said, specifically, that DAYS has become very very youth oriented. Practically everyone driving story is under 40.

I really don't understand the ratings for DAYS, usually when a show changes so radically there is a backlash or the ratings plummet (ie: the whole genre) and yet here is DAYS, evolving into a Youth Soap...it reminds me of the British soap Hollyoaks somewhat, youth youth youth supported by a few over 40s (ie: Kate, Abe, Lexie, Bo, Hope & Maggie)

I sincerely hope Stefano, Tony, Anna, Patch and Kayla are all canned soon. None of them are doing a damn thing except using up the budget.

• Members

Hahahaha! Too funny! Welcome to the Hellmouth! It's nice to see something unusual in all this though. I just hate that it's happening under Higley's watch.

The DAYS thing begs the question about something I've always wondered. It sounds like DAYS has turned into a new show with the same old name. Kind of like GH became a mob show years ago. Wouldn't it almost be better if there was a way to declare an official end to the "old" version of the show, short of cancellation? That way the old viewers would know that it just isn't their show anymore.

• Members

Thank God Hollyoaks IS a soap opera and it's not shitty like DOOL. :D

2008 was an amazing year for Hollyoaks!

I still think those Passions girls followed Galen and Eric to DOOL. lol NBC was pimping those two boys on the Passions website for months. In fact, wasn't it the NBC Passions website who broke the news?

• Members

I agree totally. I believe that some Passions fans have migrated to Days. Let's face it, beyond their "faves" moving over, it is the only show on daytime that REMOTELY reaches out to that audience.

That may be just enough of a new migration of viewers to make a dent.

I assume NBC is studying this issue, and if we are right, we'll see other faves from Passions (Adrian Bellani?) show up on Days as well.

• Members

Days also almost always does well when there's snow and ice blanketing half the country and schools are out.

I swear, it doesn't matter who's writing DOOL, if NBC were to move it to 4 PM, it would be HUGE. It might even give GH a run for its money at 3 PM.

• Members

Oh, absolutely. I didn't mean to imply NBC even had the capability to move Days to a later slot. They'd never get those hours back from the affiliates now. Just saying that it's a young person's show and always seems to get higher ratings when the kids are home.

Archived