Gina Tognoni Interview with Michael Fairman

• Members

I didn't think she was hinting at a return to OLTL. She always says nice things about the show and has always been a big fan of Susan Haskell in particular. She says this anytime anyone asks her about leaving though

I believe in what we do here. It’s a beautiful role, but at a certain time you have to ask yourself, “Is this where I stop? Or, is this where I keep going?” I think it’s healthy to check in

I would be very very surprised if she ended up on ABC actually, even if she chose to leave GL, I think CBS would make considerable efforts to keep her on the network.

Besides the last time her contract was up she said there was talk between her and ABC about GH but she decided to stay at CBS (which IMO says a lot because I'm sure GH was offering her a lot more money than GL is currently paying her).

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She'd be great as Kelly once again, but All My Children needs her more. Tognoni would have been the perfect candidate to fill Budig's void. She could play Greenlee, she'd fit that role, but let's not go there :rolleyes: ... create a new character for her, with shades of Greenlee, but with other qualities that highlight Tognoni's strengths. Honestly, my first thought was that perhaps she should have been this doctor that the lady from Passions is playing, complete with icy/bitchy/conniving undertones a la Dr. Dorian Lord. At any rate, I wouldn't want to watch Tognoni's character with Ryan, so I guess to hell with the whole idea. :P

The thing with Tognoni is that she's so *big* onscreen, her energy takes up a lot of space and I wonder if there's room for her on shows like Y&R and OLTL. I imagine Haskell, Williamson, AND Tognoni, and it's like, oy, is there room for all that intense female neuroses? And my spidey sense is telling me that Williamson would not be too thrilled about sharing that sweet spot she occupies on the show with Emmy darling Tognoni. BTW, remember when Kelly was like Jess' big sister, all those crazy clothes!? As for Y&R, I think they'd look at Tognoni and wonder how to justify ($) bringing her energy (which lives somewhere between Victoria and Phyllis) onto the show. B&B on the other hand could use at least one good actor addition. Hey, as long as she doesn't end up playing Carly #17.

• Members

I think Dinah has been the role of GT's career, and I certainly love her in it much more than I did her last few years as Kelly. Heather Tom is Kelly now, "my" Kelly anyway. I'd take Gina back (I'd rather have HT) but not without Dan Gauthier.

• Members

Dan Gauthier. Example of Fron's stupidity at its finest.

I don't think Heather Tom will ever work for ABC again. (Her choice)

Not only that, B&B and Y&R treat their actors VERY well. OLTL probably seemed like Siberia to her.

I like her very much. I only saw her work every now and again at that point. She will always be Victoria to me. I think heather will eventually return to Y&R someday..

• Members

Loved her as Kelly, I don't want her on OLTL though

AMC got the short end of the deal, I'd take Gina over TB any day of the week!

Ugh, please don't stick her with that kind of role. Greenlee isn't needed, and what actor would be stupid enough to want to be recast in that role after how Sabine was treated?

• Members

I hated Kelly and couldnt stand Gina T in the role towards the end of her stint. The relationship with Kevin was horrible and her treatment of Sophia had her on my sh-t list. But Ive grown to really like Gina as an actress after she started playing Dinah, so I think I might be able to get into her Kelly now. Its a shame GH is such a mess and Im no longer watching, bc she would have made a much better Carly than Laura Wright

Archived