The Politics Thread

• Members

And yet, Bin Laden was gone within two years on the watch of that "community organizer", something a two term former Governor couldn't do in two whole terms.

I'd also like to point out that Obama had more education than McCain and actually held a job outside of the government. McCain has been government employed exclusively.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I cannot wait to see what Jon Stewart does with CNN's caucus coverage. That was damn entertaining (some intentional, mostly unintentional).

Fox truly is a disgusting little operation. They did not carry Ron Paul's speech, instead showing a live feed of absolutely nothing happening at the Gingrich campaign. Although even if they had carried Paul's speech they would have cut away once that veteran started speaking in support of him. No way could they let their viewers see/hear that.

• Members

I was surprised that all my predictions turned out right, except the part about Santorum finishing ahead of Romney. Yet, if we are to be consistent, Santorum really did "win" last night, since Romney suppressed the black vote and/or employed other dirty tricks in order to squeak out an eight vote victory. (Whenever a Republican wins narrowly--like when Bush won FL by 537 votes in 2000 or won OH by over 110,000 votes in 2004--it is a proven fact that some voter fraud always takes place; Mitt is just warming-up for November.)

I'm not sure what caused Perry's about-face today. Usually, one drops out after stating that he is reassessing his campaign. Perhaps he has deluded himself into thinking he will get Bachmann's votes in SC (when those will really go to Santorum).

Perhaps you have forgotten that Reagan also spent two terms as governor of America's most populous state.

I'm glad that you feel an extraordinary foreign policy achievement entitles Barry to a second term. Unfortunately, this was not the view of members of your own party twenty years ago, when unemployment was lower than it is today. Instead, Democrats kept on telling us that foreign policy was virtually irrelevant, that "it's the economy, stupid," and that George H.W. Bush needed to go ASAP. While this is just my opinion, this type of flip-flopping makes Mitt Romney look principled in comparison.

Edited by Max

• Members

And Republicans (inclduing W.) decided to give up on fidnng the man who put 9/11 together. i also see no mention of the private sector jobs that have been created in the past 18 months. But, I unfortunately didn't exspect that to occur. As far as Reagan, here is the same man who raised taes 11 times during his 8 years and left office with what was then the biggest national debt in the countr's history.

But or course, BARACK is to blame for all of this. These Republicans take no responisibilty for damn near destroying this country in '08 while their frineds in Big Buisness got richer and richer. Now, they are spreading their message of bigotry and hate. They say they want governmnet out of people's lives, but all of them are talking constitutional amendments to say who someone can marry, who can and cannot make a decision dealing with teir own bodies, and have protecting the top 1% with no shame at all.

A rather sticky buisness to me.

• Members

Since liberals keep saying that raising taxes will solve our problems, I would think that you would heap praise on St. Ronnie for doing this.

When something goes right--such as Bin Laden's killing--Barry deserves all the credit. However, I fully recognize that the fustercluck our economy has become is not at all his fault. Rather, these are the evil parties responsible:

1. George W. Bush

2. Wall Street (Never mind the fact that they gave money to Barry.)

3. Ronald Reagan (We are now seeing the long-term effects of supply-side economics. And everybody knows that the ultimate goal of supply-siders was to destroy the middle class.)

4. The Tea Party

5. The GOP controlled House

Despite the fact that his own party had lopsided majorites in both houses of Congress for his first two years (and still controls the Senate), Barry is merely a "likeable" but hapless victim of circumstance. In addition to being a tireless crusader for gay marriage, he is doing all he can from preventing us from going into an economic depression, so he deserves to win re-election in a landslide.

Edited by Max

• Members

For the first months they only had Lieberman to get them 60 votes, as the GOP, who went on about vote fraud, kept Al Franken from being seated. Not long after that, Ted Kennedy passed away, which meant an empty seat (and he was rarely able to attend in his last months anyway).

You left off Bill Clinton, the man GWB and the Republicans spent 8 years blaming for the economy.

• Members

To add, I have always found it funny that after 8 years of the policies of the worst POTUS in this nation's history, GWB, Barack seems to take al the blame for what has happened to this country. Yet, the Repubblican caucus, who have been hyjacked by the worst type of people relected to public office, have caved in to these social amendments because none of them have idea one on how to fix the very same problems they almost ruined this country with. So, just deflect and not take responsibility for anything. The 'It's not our fault! Look at them!" aproach.

It's going to be funny once again when the Democrats, if they don't screw it up, regain the House and grow the majority in the Senate. how dare we have universal health care in this country?

Just funny.

• Members

Fact is, he knows how to get the job done and of course post-9/11, those foreign policy issues were more important than before. The notion that him being a "community organizer" was some how a problem fell flat once Bin Laden and even Gaddafi were taken out.

• Members

The hated Lieberman not only provided the decisive vote for ObamaCare, he was also the Senate co-sponsor (along with Susan Collins) of the bill that allowed gays to openly serve in the military.

Even when the Democrats had 59 Senate seats, that is still a very lopsided majority in my book. (The GOP has never had more than 55 seats since the Great Depression.) However, the Democrats (and those who caucused with them) had 60 seats for more than just the time period from 7/7/09 (when Franken was seated) to 8/25/09 (the day Kennedy died). That's because MA's Democratic governor appointed Paul Kirk to the Senate; he served from 9/24/09 to 2/4/10. It was during that time when Reid shoved ObamaCare down our throats (without a single moderate Republican voting for it).

Thanks for reminding me. I also forgot to say that the "conservatively biased" mainstream media, the Supreme Court, and DINOs (like Ben Nelson, Evan Bayh, and Joe Lieberman) are also responsible for the nations problems.

While Barry isn't going to win re-election in a landslide, I have maintained all along that he will still defeat Willard in November (since general elections are merely personal popularity contests). Given that there will indeed be five more years of Obama, I can only hope that you don't join the ranks of the unemployed anytime soon. Should you be so unfortunate as to lose your job, don't count on getting another decent paying one until 2017; you see, in the Obama economy, employers are so reluctant to hire, and--as a consequence--it has become commonplace for any one particular job to receive several hundred different applicants.

Edited by Max

• Members

The funny, and yet very sad, thing is, the Republican Party has allowed itself to be taken over by Tea Partiers. I saw a Iowan reporter state that the establishment arm of the RP despises the TP, but are scared to death of them. That party is crashing and burning, and now with Newt making it his mission to destroy Romney (and the others joining up with him) this has turned into the carnival freak show many had predicted. And, once the Obama machine gets going full steam, romney or whoever else wins that nomination won't be able to win the majority of the states, amybe except their own.