The Politics Thread

• Members

I think i posted about it here, but I can speak/understand Russian so I watched some footage of the news on their state news network and it was insane. They were calling him not just Golden Boy but "our darling Trump", "our marvelous Trump", and "our wonderful Trump". They also discussed about how Trump has a "weakness for blondes" and will do away with "irritating things" like democracy and will promote Russia to all of America. 

Edited by AdelaideCate007

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

To be clear: the report details the trending tag on Twitter - Trump on tape with Russian prostitutes, under surveillance as he requests 'golden showers.' He is likely also financially in the hole to Russia, as we all know.

Buzzfeed ran the full documents, which were compiled by ex-MI6 officers last year. The FBI briefed people on this, including the President and McCain and likely other members of Congress.

Seth Meyers, of all people, just grilled Kellyanne Conway on this on his late show.

Edited by Vee

• Members

^ I keep seeing that it's "unconfirmed", not sure how that can be if they documents are out there. Hopefully, we'll know more tomorrow.  I think this is somehing that actually has legs though unlike so many of the previous scandals that Trump outlived. Here's hoping anyway.

• Members

Considering the damage they did to Hillary when she did nowhere near what he did in terms of questioning and undermining, it seems to me that these agencies are now just going rogue whenever they see fit. It's disturbing to me. This scandal already seems like an excuse for people to tell jokes rather than something that's actually going to have an impact. I have a feeling they would have done the same if she won as well. 

I don't think he ever should have been elected, but I don't believe Pence is going to be any better. I think he's become some kind of generic savior to many, when his record is just the opposite.

If the stories from a few months ago are true, a lot was his fault (face-saving and whatever else), but many of the problems stemmed from some New York branch who repeatedly spent their time leaking and digging for info against Hillary even when ordered to stop.

• Members

So Buzzfeed put out a lot of documents and pretty much said "Oh by the way this might not be true." And that's what led to all this about Trump and golden showers? The guy who published them even outright said there's strong reason to not believe any of this?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jan/10/buzzfeed-publishes-donald-trump-russia-documents-ethics-questions

Even if it is true, what an awful precedent this sets. If major news outlets decide to start being even more blatant in pushing outright lies about Democrats (as a number of them danced around with Hillary), how many are going to have a leg to stand on in criticizing it after they ran with this stuff? 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

There is no way the timid Washington media would put this story on television about an incoming (Republican) President unless they'd cross-checked it. And the report, after being passed to the FBI and deemed credible, was presented by our intelligence people to Obama. That doesn't happen over nothing.

• Members

I get the feeling they pushed it out because other outlets already had and they were stealing the spotlight. 

I can believe it's true, but a lot of the details themselves sound cobbled together and mostly an excuse to get clicks and laughs, which is exactly what happened.