The Politics Thread

• Members

You aren't thinking like someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Even when they fail they don't admit it. Trump has a lifetime of failures both personal and professional yet he still sees himself a winner. The real reason I think he won't resign is because Putin would have him killed.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

But as marceline said:

"Pence is like debating pancreatic cancer vs. lung cancer. For me it's a matter of risk assessment and harm reduction. For all of his evil - and he IS evil - I'm not worried that Pence will actually use nuclear weapons."

Edited by Khan

• Members

It's worth pondering the notion that Pence might actually be the one to pull the strings in the White House and Trump would only be President in appearance only. Of course, Ivanka and her husband seem to be the ones that are taking on the presidential role, but Pence would be the best option to deal with Congress since he was there for a number of year. The title is what matters most to Trump, that and the potential for financial gain.

• Members

ICYMI, Evacuation at Trump Tower earlier today after a suspicious backpack (which turned out to contain toys) was left unattended.

Trump Tower Lobby Evacuation Sparked by Unattended Bag Filled With Children's Toys: NYPD

"His newly appointed press secretary, Sean Spicer, tweeted that officials were "back to work" following the "false alarm."He added, "Thanks, NYPD." 

That prompted Mayor Bill de Blasio's press secretary Eric Phillips to fire back on Twitter: "No problem, we'll send you the bill." 

Oh boy, this is not going to be great for NYC because I have a feeling this will not be the last time for something like this.

• Members

The problem with this election is that everything is so completely skewed that it's hard to make heads or tails out of what just happened and how to move forward because so much of what once was has been turned upside down. Does the majority of this country really skew Republican, and are we really that far backwards ideologically? Or are people really just fed up with government and the Republicans and just decided to say the hell with it all and elect Trump as a way to screw the system? Democrats really need to do their research here and study what the problem is, because if they over correct themselves based on this one election they could make themselves even weaker and more irrelevant than ever by turning their backs on their base supporters.

The Trump base is so ideologically screwed I don't know what to make of them. They vote Republican and then cry about losing Obamacare. They hate taxes, and yet don't realize how much they benefit from those taxes by living in red states which statistically are provided the most aid. Was Hillary such a bad choice in a candidate that they couldn't bear voting for her, and would they have won had they chosen another candidate that wasn't mired in endless scandal and corruption gossip? Trump won by such a slim margin and was completely trounced by the popular vote so there is hope. But we need a detailed and complete analysis of what the hell happened this year, and we need leadership to unite the party and move it forward. It's a shame that this loss happened but I fear that the party will remain divided. It reminds me of what the Democrats were like prior to Bill Clinton, during the Reagan years.

Is the Republican party a true representation of this nation or has it been artificially inflated due to Trump's ignorant populism? His approval rating is low - lower than an incumbent President's ever been, which bodes well for the nation, and the democratic party - but some of these people are just so ideologically backwards I don't have much hope. They don't trust media, they don't trust government, and they seem to have these crazy conspiracy theories that the government is out to get them.

• Members

Seriously. This election had nothing to do with economic anxiety or national security. It was about Obama. These white people saw an increasingly black government making decisions about their lives and they began to realize what it means to be a minority. It doesn't matter that he wanted to create economic opportunity for them or that he didn't want them to go bankrupt because they got sick. They experienced for a few years what it's like to have people who don't look like you making the decisions and they lost their [!@#$%^&*] minds. This is the same thing that Bernie or busters did. All these white progressives got pissed when black and brown people didn't think he was the bestest thing ever so lot of them stayed home or voted for Trump out of revenge. Somebody on another board reminded me that when MLK Day became a holiday white racists couldn't bring themselves to honor a black man even if it got them a day off from work.