The Politics Thread

• Members

Exactly.  Our government has Barack's n****r cooties all over it, so we got burn it down and clear it away like the Black Plague and the Great Fire of London.  It's the only way.  [/sarcasm]

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: it just might take another 9/11-like atrocity for many of these people to see just what they have done to this country that they claim to love so much and want to "make great again."

That is the trouble with terror: it makes people think and behave illogically.  Slasher film franchises are built upon this concept.

Please be safe, Huntress.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all who have been affected by the Berlin attack.

Agree.

Agree, agree, and agree.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've read several articles online about Flynn.  According to people who have known him and had contact with him in the past, his behavior (e.g., tweeting fake news and way-out-there conspiracy theories as truth) and statements regarding Muslims is surprising and an almost complete 180 from the Flynn they used to know.

I don't know whether to believe their claims -- he's probably been Islamaphobic all along, he only stopped hiding it -- but if they are accurate, it does raise some questions, I think, about Flynn, his history of relations w/ Muslims, and why his attitudes toward them have changed (if, in fact, they have changed at all).

Edited by Khan

• Members

Safe is a relative thing. Of course we are safer than war torn countries, but we still have a target on our backs.  Just because most of the people who have tried to attack us have mostly failed doesn't mean our luck will hold out.  It's only a matter of time before someone manages to pull off another major attack. Especially when you consider some of these terrorist are state sponsored. That's way more dangerous than a guy with a truck who can only kill a few people at a time. Of course, I don't think we are safer under Trump, quite the opposite. 

• Members

Yes they do. Greg is like Max was....it isn'w what you say but how you say it. I have changed myself....I was quite the partisan ass back then, but now realize it's not worth all that vitriol. Greg, max and a few others couldn't join the discussion...and we have others that post who, like myself, would join into the scrum. Greg is Greg...but he posts from sites that are now famous for printing and posting lies, hatred and slander. I personally can't take any of that seriously. LOL

• Members

For what it's worth, JMO but I think that a schism among evangelicals is inevitable. There has been an emerging community of evangelicals of color that are breaking ranks with the old guard. There are also younger and middle aged white evangelicals who believe that the Paula Whites, Jerry Fallwell Jrs of the world are only looking out for their bank accounts and not doing any service to the poor, which many evengelicals (particularly those of color) believe should be central duties for evangelicals.

I read about the clash between Liberty University and Fallwell Jr where hundreds of students staged a walkout and were reprimanded by Fallwell Jr. 

I think there will only be more of these clashes to come.

Just reading that Trump has the 3rd lowest percentage of popular votes of any candidate since 1824, when they began recording the popular vote-- but Trumpkins can keep lying to themselves and believing that he has any mandate (55% of Republicans actually believe that Trump won the popular vote).

• Members

Keep in mind that there's a significant number of conservatives who blame Obama for the response to Hurricane Katrina. These are people who will believe anything they are told no matter how ridiculous. We saw it when Donald claimed that he saw Muslims celebrating in New Jersey when the towers fell. His followers swore they saw it too. The Jedi Mind Trick is real with these folks.

• Members

What a mess this is - even after the most blatant anti-Semetic campaign in the lifetimes of many Americans, it's the Democrats who are tearing themselves to pieces over the issue and talking about how they will lose the Jewish vote because of not being pro-Israel enough.

http://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2016/12/israel-palestine-tensions-ripple-through-democratic-party-chair-races-108212

• Members

Trump was pro Israel though, and this is a deal breaker for many jews and with good reason.   If the DNC wants to install a pro-Palestine muslim then  let them knock themselves out and have a party, but there shouldn't be such a shock when the old jewish ladies in FL go looking for a new home.    Knowing this is an issue for a large constituency in an all-important state, I am not sure why the party wants to nominate people who will upset that applecart.   Where is the upside?

The Cubans in FL have their big issue, the jews have their big issue...everybody has an issue dear to them.   That's just the way it is.