The Politics Thread

• Members

Republicans cornered the market on religion through branding I guess.   This all started 40 years ago but remember it was Jerry Falwell (whose departure from this mortal coil made the world a better place) who had the so-called "moral majority" as if to not be with them meant somehow you were not moral.   And then there is the whole ridiculous label of "values voters" which the media signs off on.   Is there anyone anywhere who doesn't vote with their values in mind?   I voted my values:  I voted against the guy who the KKK supported.  

Forty years of branding takes hold, but this year the religious crowd showed themselves to be the hypocritical, values-free, cynical charlatans they always were when the family first crowd voted for the guy who kicks all his wives to the curb when they get too old, rather than vote for the woman who despite her earlier dismissal of Tammy Wynette did indeed stand by her man for 40 years.    I truly find all conservative christians to be the most odious people in America--up and down the line.   My radar is up the moment I hear people mention that politics are being discussed among church goers, because that means somewhere in that discussion is a crooked minister trying to sway his flock to do what he says.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What's amazing is that 9/11 happened because Bush ignored a briefing that said "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US" but now we've put this cretin in office who doesn't even attend briefings. I predict will have another 9/11 or Oklahoma City in the next four years.

Edited by marceline

• Members

Kate Hopkins: How many MORE atrocities before our leaders stop lying to us and admit that, thanks to their immigration policies, being mowed down while doing your Christmas shopping is simply the new normal?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4052498/KATIE-HOPKINS-atrocities-leaders-stop-lying-admit-thanks-immigration-policies-mowed-doing-Christmas-shopping-simply-new-normal.html

• Members

I agree, marce.  The prez elect is more concerned with VF than intel briefings.

Well thank god you've voted for a xenophobic racist 

Please register in order to view this content

Hopkins is only concerned about grabbing headlines.  Her reports are routinely subjected to lawsuits and the editor's apologies.  

• Members

I guess that means we get to ignore the atrocities committed by law enforcement against our minority brothers and sisters, the rise in hate crimes particularly against Muslim Americans, or Indian, Arab, Hispanic, and Asian kids who are now being bullied on a regular basis by those poor white people. You sound like General Flynn who doesn't know why they hate us, doesn't want to know, and doesn't care to learn to find out. He just wants to nuke them all. And you think that miraculously leaves the lily white citizens untouched do you?

Edited by JaneAusten