The Politics Thread

• Members

I can't believe this...creature...will try to bring up Bill's infidelities. First, and this is just my opinion, while he may have sucked as a husband, receiving sexual favors had zero to do with his ability to run the country. Second, he is not running for office, Hillary is. And this really should amount to nothing.

And finally, third? If Trump wants to throw that poo around, I hope Hillary will ask him how happy Ivana was when Miss Georgia Peach Marla Maples entered the mix. Hypocritical asswipe. (And show me a faithful politician on either side of the aisle in freakin' decades and I'll show you a Pegasus unicorn that craps rainbow glitter.)

If this was Joe or Jane Doe, they would be arrested already. Candidate or not, why the hell is Trump exempt?!

Lock HIM up!

Edited by Wendy

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Trump is completely blind and stupid if he thinks going after Bill and Monica will do anything but harden women and families against him for shaming the woman.

I don't want to hear any argument against that idea either - It's not 1992 anymore. People know all about the Clintons. In 2016, if an old man comes out raving about how Hillary didn't satisfy Bill enough, how the Clintons have had trouble in their marriage, all that's going to do is make voters soften towards Hillary even more. It makes her and her marriage more relatable, and it makes Trump look terrible. But he doesn't get it. He thinks he can still play out the 'dominance rituals' Josh Marshall decribed, which Trump imported from the business world to the primaries, where he can run roughshod over anyone to get what he wants. He doesn't get, even now, that Hillary can't be dominated. He's delusional.

But I suspect all that may be forgotten by Donald for a bit with this new tax humiliation. #LastTimeTrumpPaidTaxes is trending, and Trump's 80-year-old former tax preparer has verified the documents as legitimate.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Alec Baldwin nailed it on SNL tonight as Trump. Kate McKinnon too, "Look, I know you all hate me. You hate my voice and you hate my face. So just elect me President and I swear I will lock myself in the Oval Office for 4 years and never come out. Or don't elect me, and I will continue to run for President every election year until I die." :lol: (that's not an exact transcript but that's the gist)

• Members

On a side note, Roger Stone is tweeting the #WikiLeaks stuff on Clinton coming on Wed and damaging. Of course it could be a deflection because this guy is the king of conspiracy theories. But he also claims he's working directly with Assange.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Yeah I am still waiting for those emails confirming Clinton and Obama armed ISIS. He's been promising to release those for 2 months.

They might have something but I expect it to be as ineffective as the DNC stuff was which really did nothing.

And Stone was babbling the other day about Brennan being bought off because the entire idea of Russia tampering with our election is a fabrication by Clinton aided by everyone tied to Obama.

• Members

The DNC server is what he hacked, right? I think the only damaging stuff on there would be Bernie related, and it would be released in hopes of getting CNN and the Trump campaign to keep discussing the leaked audio (which wasn't even bad when you listen to it or read the transcript). 

Where did those Huma and foundation emails come from? Those seemed to give the media a month's worth of material in August. 

• Members

A rundown of his speech. It's - well I guess it's about the norm for him, which is sad. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/02/as-news-of-trumps-taxes-broke-he-goes-off-script-at-a-rally-in-pennsylvania/

Meanwhile, first reported in the paper of Trump's son-in-law (which might tell us how they feel...), Fooliani spews more racial positivity at a business dinner, thus further burning away his "mainstream" credibility. TPM had a good analysis of this:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/in-the-bubble--2

• Members

WikiLeaks doesn't hack they disclose info others get. THe DNC stuff was a lot of nothing as was the foundation stuff. Stone basically admitted he and Assange are potentially working to manufacture. He's a huge conspiracy theorist and just blamed our CIA director for making up the Russian break ins to election info. And Assange has been blowing for months on having info. Where is it? My guess is he's been hoping the Russian trolls with their hacking would find something.

So now Trump is smart for paying no taxes for 20 years the best ever. Let's forget he lost a billion dollars in a year and his plan wants to again give the top 1% the biggest tax break. Hysterical

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Just last week, I read an article written by an Asian American blogger describing how many things Asian Americans dislike about Trump and his proposed policies.

According to this NYT article, Asian-Americans have been trending toward the Democratic party over the past 8-9 years but Trump seems to be accelerating this trend.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/02/us/politics/trump-asian-american-voters.html