Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's the moment IMO he and WikiLeaks lost any credibility and so called "aspiration for the greater good". He's a fake and opportunist and if what happened today doesn't show people no clue what will. I honestly believe the fact no one, not even Trump's fanbase seemed to give a crap that Clinton allegedly threatened to drone him, probably had something to do with today. I think his self importance and ego thought people would really give a crap. Now he acts like Clinton's BFF.

• Members

The article led me to another article, which basically says (shocking) the "drone" comment was based on nothing more than one website, a website also used to push the silly theory that Hillary had an earpiece in the debate. 

http://nymag.com/selectall/2016/10/no-clinton-didnt-say-she-wanted-to-drone-strike-assange.html

I finally remembered who he reminds me of - the old Jack Van Impe stuff that used to run on TV late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. Garbled, muddled apocalypse-speak by two people feverishly crazy-eyed with their own importance and moral superiority. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

At this point, Julian Assange is nothing but an opportunist who makes empty promises and threats in an effort to get on the telly and I wish people would just ignore him, but I suppose thats easier said than done. The Turkey debacle should have been enough to make everyone quit paying attention to anything he says, yet here we are again with him. I'm embarrassed that he and his shenanigans with Putin and Trump represent Australia to the rest of the world. 

• Members

So apparently Trump fans were pissed that they stayed up to 3am for nothing?  LOL. Really, this is their biggest concern? That they were pinning hopes on an egotistical media whore who has long lost any credibility he once had and not the socio-path they're supporting? M'kay.

• Members

He's probably still bitter that he isn't at center stage, and I do think he genuinely loves his wife (in spite of everything) and he probably thinks if they listened to him, she'd be winning in a landslide. 

You can see the slavering over how this helps Trump in this article:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/bill-clinton-rogue-obamacare-229119

The media has been waiting for the chance to help Trump get a comeback, and as relatively mild as his comments were, this is the start of the kick in that direction. I imagine some out there will be waiting to gush over Pence tonight too (a media favorite before he tanked himself in 2015), to further cement their Trump fantasies. 

• Members

Trump already had his comeback and bombed out again when he mocked the media with his hotel. Anything left now is just trying to save the last shreds of the horse race while still enjoying the media feeding frenzy towards the rolling apocalypse that is his campaign. The taxes, the debate, Machado - none of that is going away, and the media loves it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

So apparently Chris Matthews is already pulling his pud over Pence. What a shocker. 

I didn't bother with the debate but it sounds like about what you'd expect - Pence as a sociopath, a terrible, biased moderator (as always), Kaine struggling and being overheated (he's not good at this type of stuff, never really was), the media and the voter who falls for the glib siding with the sociopath. I saw some tweets from Frank Luntz going on about how awesome his focus group thought Pence was. Another shocker. 

The other thing I read a lot was that Pence just lied and lied about anything Trump said. I guess whether people fall for that depends on whether or not they are actually invested in the debate. People will always fall for a bigoted Republican robot if he's smooth enough, but the election is probably too polarized for any debate to really make a difference. The main question is how much the usual media gushing will make an impact. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The thing looked like a muddle to me what little I saw of it, but I don't think it moves the needle either way for voters. It's the VP debate.

Still, seems like most networks/pundits other than Chris Matthews are giving it, surprisingly I thought, to Kaine. I didn't think either of them covered themselves in glory, but the takeaway seems to be Pence was unable to defend Trump.