Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Paul Krugman wrote an Op-Ed reminding people to not let people like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell off the hook when they try to get amnesia about their excuse-making and complicity in regard to Trump. Ryan at best, has offered light reprimands in response to some of Trump's worst remarks

The New Yorker had an article that stated that although Trump's tax returns clearly show what a bad businessman he is, it is a reminder of what a great con man he is.

• Members

Well. It's about fuckin time :-)

CBS covered his comment about vets and PTSD.  Major correctly stated that the military have, for years, tried to take the word "weakness" out of the argument regarding that horrible disorder, and now Trump uses that same word to classify those suffering.  It's just unbelievable.  Republicans have for years had the military vote on lockdown.  I was one of the very few Dems when I was on active duty.  I wonder if this will move the military needle at all.

That terrorist bank story is damning.  Trump's "strengths" are all under attack today and I can't imagine how he comes back from this.

• Members

He's crass and crude and condescending, but I don't think the comments are different to what a lot of people (including vets, sadly) already feel. 

I was more annoyed by the "social engineering" pandering, although I know that is a common opinion among vets as well.

• Members

Just because the country has a portion of ignorant people who key into Trump doesn't mean it doesn't repulse the larger electorate overall. There's a reason he has never really been ahead of Clinton and is now freefalling again. It's because, as the Republicans have learned in every presidential election since '08, "a lot of (dumb) people" ultimately ain't [!@#$%^&*] for the national vote these days.

• Members

I doubt LeBron is going to change any minds but I think his endorsement will help with turnout. He's evolved into a quite a civic leader and philanthropist. In fact there's some discussion in political circles that he may be eyeing a run for office himself one day.

The union thing is a little weird. The unions have endorsed Hillary but so many of the members are buying into Trump's promise to bring manufacturing back but this news might change that.

• Members

This Wikileaks 'press conference' is a hilarious circlejerk. An hour of randos praising Assange with ludicrous technical difficulties (which I did not watch), and now Assange mumbling and whining about his situation and waxing rhapsodic about his place in history. The desperate alt right is savaging him on Twitter.

Rambling and stumbling and promising he will publish 'major things' soon while comparing his operation to the library of Alexandria. Priceless. Good night!

The best part at the end: Claiming at the end he was 'misquoted' about having documents against Hillary Clinton, and that people are mistaken - he doesn't dislike Hillary Clinton. LMAO

Edited by Vee

• Members

Moving it to being a teleconference should have tipped people off. I wonder if the "they'll have to release bad stuff about Trump too" bit was to try to make people not want to know.

Still, they have a month to gin up some type of trash. 

• Members

Not  that Assange hasn't been off the deep-end but this reminds me of Trumps birther press conference where he conned the press. Maybe he's realizing that most people know he's in bed with Putin now. The release of the Panama Papers with the Putin stuff stripped out should have been a clue. Or how he exposed those  innocent Turkish women and Saudi rape victims and gays for the "greater good" signing their death sentences. Or just maybe he got spooked because no one not even his "alt right" friends here gave a crap about Clinton wanting to drone him(well not really). Whatever he might or might not release, he's discredited. He's threatened for months to release stuff and nothing. It's amazing how quickly his downfall has escalated. What was once a somewhat noble effort has turned into his own personal toy to use at his whims. Good riddance and I hope he ends up in prison in Sweden at some point for that rape.