The Politics Thread

• Members

Chris Wallace is a right-wing shill, but like marceline I'm not convinced Trump will last to the third debate. Or the first, frankly. Someone in House Trump has got to be questioning the wisdom of putting their racist, incoherent candidate in a debate at all, let alone the first, which will be moderated by a black man.

Raddatz is a bit of a hawk but was unable to damage Obama a few rounds ago and I suspect Hillary may be more her speed.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I always remember the comments from unnamed people when Megyn Kelly did the infamous humiliation of Karl Rove via walking to the election room, where they said it worked out because viewers got good shots of her legs. I wonder now if that was Ailes. 

• Members

Thanks for the article! I would hope the press doesn't want Trump to win and they are just doing this to try and keep the race close, but if he does win, the media will be complicit. Their job is to educate, not try and persuade us one way or another (unless of course if it's an opinion article). But from a CNN account, we recently have a headline stating Powell advised Clinton to be careful, making him sound innocent...when the actual information was he warned her and told her how he evaded the FOIA. And it's not just CNN who is doing stuff like this...

• Members

Every time I see yet another article seriously claiming that he wants to reach out to minority voters and that he is actually softening his tone on immigration, I'm more convinced they want him to win. His Brietbart campaign team must be loving it. They could have him say he's going to deport every person in the US who doesn't have white skin, and then have him say, "I'd feel a little bad about it," and the headlines would be, "Trump shows regret for immigration struggles." 

• Members

^^^ That's true. Things are twisted in his favor repeatedly. I mean, for his Mexico speech, he wore a suit, tie and spoke at the podium, and the headlines were that he was presidential. If he does win, the media will have story after story because of all his outrageous antics, that's for sure. If Hillary wins, they'll probably just have to keep recycling ones about her health or emails. Or maybe she'll swear a scunchie again and it will be front page news. Or a headband. I quote the Washington Post, 2012: Stop the tresses: Hillary's headband is back. 

Did I understand those FBI notes correctly that same 13 people emailed her in a 4 year period? Now, obviously, she emailed more, but it gives a lot of credence to the statements made by her and the department that she did business on hard copies, face to face or on secure phone lines. 

• Members

I find it hysterical that the "liberal" media is grasping onto HRC's un-likability numbers since Trump is still far behind in the polls. So it's not HRC is ahead by 8 points, it's HRC is still struggling with her likability numbers and Trump is still trying to find his stride(no mention of Trump's offensive behavior as being a cause). My brother who can't stand HRC but is voting for her talked about how CNN is in the can for HRC and I had to give him a detailed synopsis of how they haven't covered one thing in terms of her agenda, like the comprehensive health care plan she released last Monday but yet continues to talk about the foundation and her emails. He finally acknowledged that perhaps the press is not as hair as he thought. (rolls eyes).