The Politics Thread

• Members

I agree with u and i do realize Clinton has the most comprehensive campaign. I just meant personalay she hasn't done the same level of appearances and I think she and high profile personnel stumping her  haven't really started yet. Bernie for example is doing a high profile rally on Labor Day.

I don't believe the election will be close. With Trump behind on all demographics other than non college educated white males, I do wonder who the polling organizations are talking to.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

• Members

When I saw Anthony Weiner trending yesterday, I didn't even bother to click because I knew what it was going to be about. Is he getting therapy or what?!  However, I don't see how his addiction (or whatever it is) impacts national security, as Trump wants people to believe. Huma Abedin is separating from Weiner so I don't know what else needs to be said, other than it's a personal matter, at this point.

• Members

Yeah, I feel bad for Huma Abedin. If I found out my husband was sexting while my toddler was in bed with him, I would be very, very upset. Sharing a child with someone who lacks all sense of parental judgement has to be really nerve wracking. I have no idea if he's getting therapy, I certainly hope so, but if I were in her shoes I wouldn't give be very impressed with that. All these people run to therapy when they get caught, as if therapy wipes the slate clean.

• Members

Angela Corey, loathed by many for her botched prosecution of George Zimmerman and other derided cases (Marissa Alexander, Cristian Fernandez), has lost her primary. Some have said that the woman who beat her is no better, and may be worse, but still, it's good to see voters punish this type of prosecutor. 

https://www.thenation.com/article/is-angela-corey-the-cruelest-prosecutor-in-america/

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2016-08-30/story/northeast-florida-voters-kick-controversial-state-attorney-angela-corey

Another controversial prosecutor was turfed thanks in large part to money from the bogeyman of the right, George Soros.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/politics/os-primary-state-attorney-judges-20160829-story.html

• Members

Weiner should've been getting therapy from the get-go, maybe he wouldn't have been a repeat offender. Huma has given him multiple chances at cost to her pride because she clearly wanted to keep her family together probably hoping he'd stop but he has only become more brazen, it's time to kick him to the curb.

Trump who has cheated on his first wife and as I understand, his second has no standing to sit in judgement let alone to claim some clumsy argument that it will impact national security. Why doesn't he just focus on his phoney outreach to the African American community.