The Politics Thread

• Members

I'm always amazed at how little the parties, especially the GOP, seem to care about what the 9/11 responders went through, after the hype wore off. There is still an underlying contempt for those who suffered from 9/11. Remember the big hysteria over the 9/11 widows who endorsed Democrats?

Another Tory MP comes out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1339699/Im-gay-says-Tory-MP-Nigel-Evans-voted-equal-rights-homosexuals.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

And DADT is close to Senate vote passage.

http://gay.americablog.com/2010/12/history-in-us-senate-win-on-dadt-63-33.html

I don't know what will happen next but at least this will be a good step forward, as long as any repeal is properly implemented and gay soldiers aren't further harassed or used as scapegoats.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The worst part is he's going to have major role on the armed forces committee in the next Congress, so along with his fellow bigots in the House and Senate, and Obama's usual inaction along with those in high military roles who oppose the repeal, they might do something to either stop this or make the ban even worse.

It always annoys me how the "liberal" media tries to make this a shocking, polarizing issue, rarely reporting that most people support repeal.

• Members

This guy is such a dick. He is a malignancy on America just for foisting Sarah Palin on us. It was only a few years ago he was for repealing DADT, but as the Tea Party showed disdain for his bullshit Mavericky ways (which he never was), he has knelt and genuflected at the fundie altar of shmuckitude. And I like how he threw in their the whole "small town" bit, trying to once again say real Americans come from small towns, while big cities produce these faux-Americans. I guess that is why he and his rethuglican brethren have blocked the passing of the bill to get the 9/11 first responders medical aid: they came from New York and therefore are not real Americans.

Edited by quartermainefan

• Members

That was a clever little double entendre. :P I mean, there's Georgetown salon as in George at the Four Seasons and Georgetown salon as in folks gathered in the drawing rooms of Katharine Graham or Pamela Harriman. Oh you sly little devil you Johnny Mc.

• Members

Lindsey Graham's very silly behavior is getting some attention.

http://www.salon.com/news/lindsey_graham/?story=/politics/war_room/2010/12/21/lindsey_graham_pique

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/plum-line/2010/12/lindsey_graham_senators_should.html

Remember when the GOP was called the party of adults??

McCain, Demint and Graham are an embarrassment IMO.

• Members

Unlike some in this thread, I typically have no very little issue(s) with Republicans or their beliefs(I consider myself more moderate and open-minded), but people like Lindsey Graham have absolutely no charm, zero sense of humor, and no room whatsoever for compromise. It's always just "Bitch, bitch, bitch. Obama's awful. Bitch, bitch, bitch." :rolleyes:

Edited by bellcurve

• Members

Fundie altar of schmuckitude? I'm TOTALLY stealing that. :wub: I agree that McCain is a malignancy. I don't know who gave him the idea that a man can't suck dick and ALSO shoot a rifle. And yes, the "small town" bit was cringeworthy. He also needs to realize that many people in this country look upon the military as a receptacle for everyone who doesn't have the gumption to make something of themselves in the real world, so you go into the military where every decision is made for you, and you just blindly follow orders like some automaton.

Edited by alphanguy74