Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't really believe it's just two, but I'm mostly surprised Biden called them out (if this is accurate). That's a risk. I wonder if he knows they aren't going to be supporting anything he wants to do so this is a Hail Mary.

• Members

I don't believe there are enough Dem Senators who will block key legislation if pushed. Some may be grateful for the cloak of Manchin, but if pressed they'll fold. I think Biden and Schumer are both pressurizing these two knowing that if they break - which 1/6 may have done - the others follow.

• Members

Josh Hawley loves to make money and get media headlines off "cancel culture," as does the deeply destructive Federalist Society that belched him out. They do not seem to care as much about "cancel culture" or "free speech" when it comes to criticism of themselves.

• Members

Did anyone try to tune in to the NYC Democratic Primary debate for mayor? All I could do was laugh, what a clusterf*CK! 20 second soundbytes for critical questions. I wonder if people will notice that Andrew Yang only seems to be speaking in platitudes, nothing specific, very little that speaks to a personal investment in the city he wants to run. At the very least the majority of the candidates on the stage seem to have a stake (or at least express that they do) in the city.

• Members

I was actually interested in watching it but I got the time mixed up(time zones) because I figured it was going to be a clown car. I flipped on Morning Joe for the first time in I think 2 years because I read Kathryn Garcia was going to be on and I hadn't really seen much of her. My niece who lives in NYC is a bit higher on her because she has experience. She works for the city health dept and I think the people there have had enough of no nothing mayor DeBlasio who pushed the prior health commission out because she dared to challenge the administration on the schools. And replaced her with a yes man. My niece has nothing against Adams other than the fact that she said a burrough president is basically a figuredhead and doesn't really run anything.

• Members

When I mentioned laughing at some point, one of the moments that caused unintentional laughter was when one of the moderators asked Garcia why she quit in the middle of the pandemic and the look on Garcia's face. She collected herself to answer but she was so taken aback by the line of questioning and I have to say, the bluntness of the question caught me off-guard.

Eric Adams was also a police officer, which may or may not be a liability in NYC. He did start talking about police brutality over 20 years ago, which didn't endear him to the PBA back then, so he founded an organization with other Black police officers that focused on community relations and anti-brutality/violence and now that NYC has had an uptick in some violent acts, he seems to be getting more attention recently. Ray McGuire seemed surprisingly unflappable and unrushed in his delivery of answers.

Maya Wiley was often chided for going over her allotted time, but she did mostly get out there, what she wanted to say. It was kind of weird how  Scott Stringer was answering other candidate"s questions, he really wanted to get his ideas out there, whether he had been asked or not.