Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'd be surprised if Netanyahu faced any jail time. It's the prosecution and banishment from ever taking public office that I was mainly speaking of. If Trump's "fortune" and influence are severely reduced, that would also be a good thing.

The reality is that many people are found guilty of committing criminal and civil crimes and never see a lick of jail time.

Especially if they are rich white men.

• Members

Can't wait for Weiss, Sullivan, Greenwald, etc. to speak on this as they are so eager to push transphobia while getting to have the privilege of rich white gays (some of whom don't even live in this country).

Oh wait, they're too busy talking about how they love insurrectionists or how scary black people are.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

This is a legitimately informative deeper dive into Manchin, intolerable as he is. Interesting that Warren has his ear. Virtually all the discussion of his current thinking is pre-dating last week's events.

There is another DB post this morning that has no author on the byline and is largely Do Something Twitter lines screaming about a podcast interview. It accomplishes nothing so I am not going to post it. While some of that interview re: the WH's thinking is informative, it doesn't tell us much more than we already know. I'll just reiterate what I've said: I understand some of the WH's concerns, but "just vote" is not a viable strategy to break GOP voter suppression operations, and the White House needs to do more and be more vocal, not worry about looking bipartisan enough. And while various officials inside (or leaking to the press to launder their opinions and push an angle) may have varying opinions, I personally do not believe Biden will stand silent for very long. He never has in the past - the Jim Crow framing was his, and it works.

Edited by Vee

• Members

A legitimate dilemma, the way Brownstein poses it. I do not agree with Axelrod's thinking, though. He was the architect of a number of mistakes in '09 and while Obama's thinking evolved, his didn't.

• Members

Another informative look at another exasperating person. It is worth noting that it says Sinema, while opaque and dismissive of her constituents, could be moved on the filibuster. I had forgotten she used to be Code Pink, which somehow does not surprise me.

• Members

Media darling Nancy Mace, who is breathlessly hyped (by herself, her trash press people, and of course, the press) as New and Different, has pulled out the old vandalism card. There are some questions about the handwriting of this vandal...