Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I assume that since they are entirely run by US Department of Justice to enforce federal laws, that by entering the case would signal that federal crimes might have been committed by Trump or family.  I am aware that pardons only apply to federal crimes.

• Members

Now that McConnell has whipped his caucus against the bill, it's time for the inevitable one-sided pleas for bipartisanship that will keep Democrats paralyzed until the clock is fully run out. Is there any way that we can speed that up (and the media platforming Glenn Greenwald and others who insist nothing bad happened) and try to actually get something done? Please?

• Members

I have no idea what Nina Turner's chances are in her primary for now HUD Secretary Marcia Fudge's old seat in Congress (barring the updates from @marceline ), but I couldn't help posting this tsk-tsk reaction from Dave Weigel. Weigel spent the primary season amplifying Bernie's dead-enders, and now wants to shame them for the exact reaction this constant attention helped condition them into seeing as the ideal. Turner is now running in the party she spent 5 years campaigning against at every turn. Not even a year ago she was telling people that voting for that party was like eating a bowl of [!@#$%^&*]. Now we have this tweet.

I can only assume Turner does not have the resources of trust fund babies like Brie Brie or Walker Bragman, and podcasts + lobbying organizations only go so far. If she does win, it will be interesting to see how quickly they, or others whose incomes are based on tearing down the Democratic Party and coddling right wing extremist, like Krystal Ball, Jimmy Dore, Kyle Kulinski, etc. make her their target.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

All I can say about this race right now is that I'm not terribly concerned. Before Marcia Fudge, my rep was Stephanie Tubbs Jones. Before her, it was Louis Stokes. I don't expect that we will trade down to Nina Turner. My only issue is that there are two other "major" candidates in this race and a whole lot of minor ones and lots of candidates always benefits Berners.

I'm hoping we can clear the field before voting starts. If it comes down to just Turner and Brown, then I'm not worried. The plus is that Shontel Brown isn't making the mistake so many other Dems have. She's not playing nice with Turner in the name of "unity." She's fighting for this seat and bringing the fight to Nina and I am here for it.

Edited by marceline

• Members

Biden is now dismantling his own bill and Republicans are still not interested. This is the same mistake they made with health care. I know that Manchin is one of the main drivers of this posturing, but it's obvious this is just stalling and running out the clock on behalf of the GOP.  

I know this can run afoul of leaning into the Will Stancil "do something" brigade, but when I see passages like this I'm not sure what else to say:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/21/white-house-cuts-infrastructure-17-trillion-490185

Inside the White House, there’s an appetite to keep pushing on a deal past that date if they still believe that Capito is operating in good faith.