The Politics Thread

• Members

Yeah, I also don't think Biden is going to dismantle the bill to please Republicans. He hasn't done it before so far and he won't do it here.

Will Stancil and co. have never understood how Biden or Pelosi work. And Politico operates under Republican talking points and Republican sympathies, always. It also finds the most conservative voices within any Dem apparatus - even if it's one guy - and amplifies them as though they are the guiding principle on the inside. It's not real.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's called Nordstream 2.

I can't believe Ryanair allowed the secret police to take this activist and his girlfriend away. Apparently four members of the KGB were also on the plane and left with them, so they were being closely surveilled. He has now appeared on Belarus TV with his face looking slightly bruised, while saying that the police has treated him wonderfully, nothing to see here. Just awful.

Will we ever see Raman Pratasevich or Alexei Navalny again? 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

As a lifelong Northeast Ohioan, I certainly don't care what a Californian thinks about one of our races. This is @marceline's district in Cleveland at stake. She's in Cuyahoga County, and I'm her next door neighbor to the east in Lake County. My district is represented by Dave Joyce, and the only good thing I can say about him is that he was one of the 35 House Republicans who voted in favor of the 1/6 Commission.

• Members

And of course, he was also censured by the Ohio Republican Party for saying the same things that got Liz Cheney kicked out of leadership. But I digress.

Anyway, @marceline, here's a kind of interesting story about one of your former Reps. In the late 1990s, my dad was teaching at the now-defunct Regina High School in South Euclid. He was at some event for the school and Stephanie Tubbs Jones happened to be there. Someone introduced the two of them, and after exchanging pleasantries, Ms. Tubbs Jones asked him if he'd voted for her. My dad said no, because he lives in Lake County. She was persistent and ended up asking him if he'd work on her campaign (she was up for reelection then). My dad got so uncomfortable that he excused himself and wasn't comfortable again until she left. 

• Members

No offense Carl and this is not criticism for you but I generally tend to now ignore the Beltway versions of a gossip column with "unnamed sources" as legit these days.  I hate pulling out the unnamed sources as a justification because it is a valuable tool for the press and whistle blowers. "senior democrats" are just cowards if they even exist. We all know who Haberman's unnamed sources were during the Trump presidency which was Donald Trump or his family members. And I don't see that legit either. And where is that "Best Political Reporter" now? No where.

• Members

I know what you mean. I suppose reports like this don't feel as much like gossip or agenda-setting to me because the talks really have dragged on and a lot of the plans feel directionless to me at this point, but I will curtail on posting them here.