Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

At the "Save America March," newly elected Congressman (and Hitler Youth rep) Madison Cawthorn just called the men and women he's been elected to serve with "cowards" with no backbone. Way to win friends and influence people, bruh.

• Members

In preparation for the demonstrations in  Washington DC today ...
The Mayor of Washington DC asked for the National Guard to be called up.  She had to ask the Pentagon because those are the rules.
The city of Washington is not a part of any state, so the mayor has to request the US miltary to give the order to send the National Guard to the city.
(In the rest of the USA, each state's governor has the power to call up the National Guard in their state.)

The mayor's request was granted... and this is interesting:

She doesn't want the military or the National Guard interfering with the protests.

Therefore the mayor is *not* asking the National Guard to interfere in the protests.

Insted, she's asking the Guard to do non-military tasks such as directing traffic and other normal generic chores that the city police would usually do.

This frees up more of the city policemen/policewomen to stop any potential trouble at the protests.

• Members

I like all these hick [!@#$%^&*] frightened to travel through my hometown. Wait til they try the incredibly atmospheric Metro system. That's not a NYC subway (which is much less clean and safe, generally)! Anyone who's been here knows DC Metro has been looking like something out of Batman 1989 my whole life. They'll freak.

• Members

Reporter Aaron Rupar of Vox has tirelessly been tweeting all the Trump rallies for months. He has endured through all this crap just to bring everyone the news.

I sure hope he gets a decent well-deserved vacation at some point.

Unfortunately the racist assholes will continue to have rallies about whatever ... It's sad how much of the population supports that horridness.  I don't even know what to say about that.  We need to be aware of it, but we don't need to give it energy. So I don't know how much the news media should cover these rallies in the future, and in what way.