The Politics Thread

• Members

They need to do that in Texas, North Carolina, and Florida going forward. I feel the “blue wall” in the mid-west is a mirage. Democrats might keep it for a few more election cycles max, but the writing is on the wall - look at Ohio. 

Democrats success is in the Sunbelt and the coasts moving forward. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

For all the talk about Latinos, I have to say that the thing that really blindsided me in this election was the emergence of the Native vote. This is a really interesting NPR interview with an organizer working in the Navajo Nation.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/06/932215037/how-native-american-voters-have-affected-election-results

• Members

My opinion but I think that much of the Democrats recent strategy in North Carolina was built around the Research Triangle and getting out the vote in those surrounding areas. The problem with that strategy is that in 2020, many of the students, researchers, etc. were unlikely to be on campus due to pandemic shutdowns that affected universities, research labs, museums and other cultural and academic spaces adjacent to the universities, not to mention all the volunteers that were drawn from their ranks. North Carolina Democrats could definitely do with utilizing local networks of organizers already living in existing communities and strengthening and building upon what is already there on the ground.

• Members

Right there with you. Watching this state go from purple/swing to blood red has been like watching a slow motion train wreck and I honestly can't figure out how we reverse it. The only Democrat that can get elected in this state right now is Sherrod Brown. Although I am happy to see that Jennifer Brunner won her race. Every seat matters.