Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Texas hasn't been called yet.  Nevertheless, the fact that it remains so close between Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders proves (to me) that Sanders' supposed stronghold over Latino voters isn't all that strong after all.  If it were, I think we'd be more sure about the results there.

If Elizabeth Warren were to drop out tomorrow, to whom would her followers shift their support?  Would they align themselves with Biden, or with Sanders?  On the one hand, it seems like a no-brainer that they would go to another progressive, like Sanders.  But, on the other hand, Bernie Bros have been so toxic that I actually see Warren's followers' support shifting toward Biden instead.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Some of the big Bernie backers have been trying to blame/shame Warren for tonight's losses (you will see a reply from Brie Gray, Bernie's press secretary and proud Jill Stein voter - moments like her going on national TV to tell us that asking about Bernie's health = birtherism helped get the result we saw tonight)

It's a copout. Many Warren supporters were never for Bernie - they are not driven by emotion and they don't want to burn everything down. Bernie himself said Warren wasn't like him because Warren is a capitalist. His supporters have spent months attacking her and attacking her supporters, including a man who is battling ALS. 

This so-called movement continues to squander itself on purity contests and peacocking. I read tonight that a Bernie and AOC backed challenger to Henry Cuellar, a conservative Texas Democrat in Congress, has likely lost. As so many that they support do. That's because it's never real support - it's lip service. I can't help wondering how many who could have made a real difference in the party in the long-term have been suckered and demoralized by this so-called "revolution," leaving politics and social justice behind. 

Anyway, Texas is huge for Biden. I give credit to the voters, but I have to give a lot of credit to Beto, someone whose questionable decision to run for President seemingly killed his career. Clearly he still has a voice and knows how to use it. The vitriol leveled at him from hacks like David Sirota all along was noticeable, as they were terrified of him. Tonight, he gave them a reason to be. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

After over 3 hours in line I am proud to say I voted in CA for Elizabeth Warren. I knew she was done and that Bernie had taken it, but fùck him and his misogynistic cult. Elizabeth made some of her own mistakes, but for my money she was and remains the best candidate and still has many proud days ahead in politics beyond this race. Casting a futile vote for her meant that much to me, and I’ve failed in politics before for lesser people.

I’m not surprised at all that Joe came roaring back with the black vote, or that Bernie’s promises of the youth and Latino votes fell short. I’ve seen people whiplash in other forums from all sorts of bile and conspiracy theory about her and Buttigieg to doing a 360 yesterday and flat out begging the majority of posters they’ve abused to drop Warren and vote for Bernie. You can imagine my response.

I have no sorrow tonight. She ran a good race in the face of media bias and a rock and a hard place, trying to thread the needle between pragmatists and diehard ideologues. She took torrents of abuse and venom, 24-7 snake emojis, misogyny  and other recycled far left Clinton attacks I knew would come for her someday. (AOC, who has wisely begun to moderate, is next, and remember I told you so) She finished strong and she put Mike Bloomberg in the ground. I am so proud of her, and of Joe.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I saw that. And he's still going. Yesterday he was claiming that people told him how upset former Beto staffers were and that people told him Obama was meddling. No idea of who these people were, but of course many lapped it up.

I don't think Bernie is as bad as his supporters, but my goodness he has the absolute worst supporters outside of Cult 45. I just hope if Biden is the nominee he won't need these lunatics, because he isn't getting them. I saw them all over Twitter tonight talking about how young people will start killing because of Bernie not getting the nomination. And they were proud of this idea. 

That was a very nice tribute to Warren. I had my ups and downs but I do wish she could have been the nominee. Other than Kamala she was the only one I ever really thought had the right spirit and could accomplish what we need to move forward. 

In other news, other than one of Jeb's Trump-loving sons in Texas, the Bush dynasty continues to choke out.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/04/pierce-bush-late-president-george-h-w-bushs-grandson-loses-texas-congressional-bid/

• Members

Bernie could choose to intervene and shut down the aggressive surrogates, male journos and randos in his campaign. He occasionally feints towards it, but never follows up. Today he actually did a McCain '08 moment at a rally; silenced people booing Biden and told them Joe was just a good guy he disagreed with. But by the time tonight rolled around he was full of venom again. He wants them doing that. They are his id.

• Members

In other news, I saw, through a Twitter account I probably won't share as it turns out it's a Trumper, clips of Cenk Uygur in tears and making a quick exit, live on air, over Bernie's tanking. More likely it was because his vanity Congressional race in California had gone down in flames (he was in fourth place). After he left, one of the other shills on The Young Turks was openly smug about telling viewers just how badly he had tanked.

If only this election could see all these fauxgressive con artists flushed down the toilet. 

Insert Will Ferrell "we are laughing" gif. 

• Members

That's been my goal. I've considered this elections a two-front war: the Republicans on one and the attempted hard left takeover of the Democratic Party on the other. I'm ecstatic about seeing Bernie's revolution shown to be a myth and hopefully we finish him for good by November.

Meanwhile, this made me laugh so hard this morning I had an asthma attack.

• Members

I guess he was mostly running as an insurance policy in case none of the other moderates could make it. I'm glad he saw the writing on the wall, especially since he would have done well in Florida and cut into Biden's vote.