The Politics Thread

• Members

I was going around looking for an old tweet I wanted to jeer at tonight while I still can, and I stumbled on this. Ooh it annoys me, especially given some of his past writings. I know Laura Palmer united the White Lodge and Black Lodge and used all her powers on the interdimensional planes to [!@#$%^&*] [!@#$%^&*] up after she saw this.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Looks like again if tonight Bidens campaign takes the full turn around, we again have AA voters to thank for it. Or as the Sanders camp refers to AA voters, the elites.

I'm still wary about him but even moreso about Bernie.

Please lets hope this is the end for Bloomberg also.

I think people also need to understand Sanders has pushed the party left, which we needed. How Biden is talking about improving the ACA is a far step from what was even originally proposed early in Obama's presidency.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

I am still seeing people jeer older black voters and going on about how they don't matter because Biden won't get young voters or Latinos. The thing is - where are they now? Weren't they supposed to be Bernie's bedrock? Young voters have consistently failed to show up, even for him. It's a big problem but it's not just Biden's problems. Cultists won't address the reality that being an [!@#$%^&*] on Twitter doesn't mean you get votes among young demos.

• Members

To anyone who says Bernie Sanders isn't anything like Donald Trump, we offer this tweet as proof to the contrary.

We're the elites now?  Well, like the song says:

Edited by Khan

• Members

The Bernie Bros and some neoliberal blacks are lashing out against Boomers and southern blacks for Biden winning tonight

"Biden is just not good, very backwards on a lot of policies and his response to millennials was to work harder. If voting for a guy who won’t tweet in the morning is the democratic goal then they succeeded. There were plenty of better candidate"

"Gotta wonder what "southern values" he's talking about. The truth is that most older black voters, particularly in the south vote establishment on autopilot.
They dont know the issues.
They're easily duped.
And they're deeply closed minded.
Baby boomers (both black and white) are fukking this country's future. And the youth are so disengaged that they cannot bother get off their lazy asses and vote. In 10 or 20 years they'll realize the 2020 election (and politics in general) were a matter of life and death. We had the option to vote in a progressive two times and blew it.
It isn't just another 4 years of Trump that's at stake here. Its our environmental crisis. Its the climate crisis. Its the rise of right wing populism. Its the rise of wealth inequality.

What many people fail to realize is that Bernie is the compromise. He is the middle ground. Another 4 years of Trump or a centrist maintaining the status quo will inevitably have grave consequences on ALL the aforementioned issue"

"No matter how many times y'all wanna try and erase us from existence, we're not going away. There are millions of black people like myself who love and support Bernie."
But keep pretending black Bernie supporters don't exist. Pretend like his national co-chair and press secretary aren't black while y'all at it."

"I agree but we need to seriously address the political ignorance of our parents and grand parents. There is just no excuse for a man like Biden to get the majority of our votes for just being present."

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/official-2020-super-tuesday-primary-thread-3-3-2020.763434/page-79

• Members

Perhaps, young voters are more cynical than even I had realized.  Perhaps, in their opinion, none of this matters, because no matter WHO gets into the WH (or, in Donald Trump's case, who gets to stay), nothing will change.

And if that's true, then who could blame them for the way they feel?  There are times when I question whether anything ever truly gets done in D.C. that helps us and not hurt us.

What can I say?  We know a fool when we see one!

When Elizabeth Warren can't win even her home state, it's time to call it a campaign.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Joe Biden wins Minnesota.  Even with early voting. Where are those working class people Sanders claimed were showing up in the rust belt and Midwest.

You know what. Even with the lengthy painful primary season, people love a comeback story. Bill Clinton anyone? (no Biden is no Bill Clinton)

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Okay, number one, who are these people; and number two, when will the cleaners have their white hoods and robes ready to be picked up?

And, you know, Biden wasn't wrong in telling millennials to "work harder."  You can't have everything in life handed to you on silver platters, kids.  That just isn't the way the world works.

They must've gotten lost in the parking lots. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Khan

• Members

I know it's not really my place to say, but I'm watching this on CNN international and I didn't like Sanders' supporters booing Biden and other Democrats whenever they were mentioned. The woman who I assume is Sanders' wife smiling and almost laughing every time it happened was also a really bad look, at least to me. I know Australian politics are almost never classy either so I don't have much room to talk, but how is anyone suppose to beat Trump when some of these people are behaving like that?