Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know how it is in other states, but I know that in Oklahoma, you can still vote as long as you were IN line at 7 pm local time.

That's because she still has her avocados to fall back on. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

She might not win Oklahoma either, and she was born and raised here!

If not for being a spoiler of sorts for Bernie Sanders, I'd wonder just how important she remains to this contest.

Well...there's that.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Finally! 

So MA is basically between Joe and Bernie? That's not a good sign for Liz Warren yet I'm not surprised tbh.  Unfortunately, Warren took the bait with the DNA results reveal and it seems as though people have been nervous about her prospects against Trump ever since. 

• Members

I think Warren got boxed in by both sides (liberal and moderate), especially once she mishandled her healthcare plans. It's unfortunate because other than Kamala she's the only candidate I would have genuinely wanted to vote for rather than having no real choice. 

She was losing to Bernie in other polls. If she finishes behind both Bernie and Biden I wonder if she will drop out.

Looks like they called North Carolina too soon. 

• Members

Frankly, I'm beginning to think it's more than that.  I think we, as a country, are simply not ready for a female president.  Not after the last four years, which have left us feeling shell-shocked and risk-averse, to put it mildly.  After four years of Donald J. Trump as president, I think those who don't support him just want a return to normalcy and the status quo -- which, thanks to generations of conditioning, means having an older, white male in the Oval Office (but, God willing, one more competent at the job than the current one).

If, by some miracle, Joe Biden (or Bernie Sanders) were to win the general election, I believe we will see the start of an era not unlike the post-Abraham Lincoln/post-Civil War and Reconstruction era, when you had a succession of largely forgettable commanders-in-chief who weren't expected to be (or who didn't turn out to be) revolutionaries, but instead just kept the proverbial ship from steering off-course again.  I think it'll be up to the next generation to try for a female president, or even another non-white one; because, from where I sit, this country is simply too exhausted from Trump, and too nervous about upending more norms, to take a chance even on someone like Elizabeth Warren.

Edited by Khan

• Members

This has been on my mind from the very beginning. I was thinking of the women that I've talked to and many had Warren in their Top 3 but made mention that the DNA test was a big mistake and could come back to bite.  I do agree though that women candidates seem to have no room for margin. I didn't have a problem with Warren adjusting her policies once she discovered that the math wouldn't add up. One of my gripes with her was adapting proposals from other candidates and having to be called out for this before she properly cited that she was taking a proposal from other candidates.  Still, she'd be a sure-shot better than most of the candidates that entered the race.

One aspect that is truly problematic is the way that media reports on the candidates. They skew many aspects and often tank the prospects of candidates, while completely failing to vet others. There are some candidates for whom they seek to cast in the worst possible light and many times they are women. Often times men are included though. Remember the Howard Dean scream?  Then this is the same media that fails to properly examine Trump and his long, sordid history in public life.  

I said it four years ago and I'll say it again: I wish more people would forgo the MSM and watch PBS instead, which is far more balanced and allows for actual nuance, but people seem to want yelling, screaming soundbytes, audio 'fireworks' and endless useless sports and war analogies. 

• Members

Yup.  I remember, too, the hell the MSM gave his wife, because she had the nerve to say she would continue her work, as a doctor, even if her husband were to be elected president.  The MSM -- and, let's face it, many, bass-ackward-thinking Americans -- have a real problem with women who don't believe happiness means spending half their lives in the kitchen, and the other half in the bedroom.  I think they saw and heard Judith Steinberg Dean; said, "No more Hillary Clintons!;" and decided that Howie had to be neutralized.  Hence, the brouhaha over his scream.

Edited by Khan