Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I had MSNBC on as I was cooking and I was confused when Hardball went right into the opening credits instead of his usual opening quip into the credits. I turned my head and he announced it was his last show and apologized for the allegations against him. It seemed like he was going to finish the show, but they immediately went to commercial and when they came back Steve Kornacki was at a news desk damn near in tears and clearly confused. They had to go to ANOTHER commercial so he could get it together and take over the show. It was a total mess! By the end of the show Kornacki WAS crying and he had to apologize to the guests who were scheduled and on standby and couldn't appear due to all the confusion.  Now I agree Chris Matthews was long overdue for an exit, but I was shocked at just how it happened. You could tell the network wasn't prepared for that.

In other news, I was stunned to see Amy drop out today! I enjoyed Amy, Pete and Beto's speeches at Biden's rally. It's overdue and I hope it has an impact. I think Pete has grown throughout the campaign and has a future if he continues to grow and learns from this. Warren did a speech afterwards saying that the people who dropped out were "Washington elites" trying to convince you to vote for Biden. She has been such a disappointment and as this campaign goes on you can't tell what she truly believes. She just seems to want to win and seems very self-centered. She has less votes and delegates than Amy or Pete, yet is trying to stay until the convention for what?! Even if it was a brokered convention she wouldn't have a chance. It would obvious be between Biden and Sanders. 

• Members

I didn't see Kornacki's remarks at the end but did see the initial clip. He was clearly very upset and even though I had no use for Matthews, I did feel for him. The magic of live TV. 

I'm not too sure where Warren's strategy is at this point - she's obviously not just playing spoiler to Bernie as she chose to go after Biden instead. Maybe she's waiting to see what Bernie will offer her? 

I don't know if the trio of endorsements will help Biden much (I was genuinely surprised to see Beto among them, and the meltdown on Twitter from those who have irrationally loathed him for ages was great fun [with a bonus Shaun King drag]), but at least it gives him some of the momentum he desperately needed going into Super Tuesday. Now the question is whether Bloomberg's money and ads will be enough to keep him afloat and splitting the vote or if it is fully Bernie vs Biden. 

If Bernie didn't have such awful supporters and wasn't running such an arrogant campaign this might be over already. I guess we'll see what happens today. 

Anyone in a Super Tuesday state who is voting in current conditions - good luck to you.

• Members

@DRW50 I keep forgetting about Bloomberg. I have no idea the impact he will have. Polls have been so wrong I don't trust them and the amount of money he has invested it's just hard to know how things will fall for him. The thing with these endorsements is I do think they would've had a big impact if they were sooner. It's hard to judge how much of an impact they'll have the day before Super Tuesday with so many people voting early. I wonder how the results will be listed considering so many people have dropped out.

• Members

The timing is definitely a good factor for Biden - a 1-2-3 push days before voting. There are a lot of votes already cast, of course, but still, it's a good media earner and momentum booster. I suppose Warren did him a huge favor by goring Bloomberg on national television the way she did. If not for that I think Bloomberg may have been the main rival to Bernie, even with SC.

(speaking of SC, I read that Michael Moore was on MSNBC yet again whining about how South Carolina voters are not representative of America - not so subtle coding going on there from someone who was last relevant in 2004, and didn't even deserve to be relevant then).