The Politics Thread

• Members

There's certainly still time for someone back in the pack to surprise us. My concerns about Warren, Sanders and Biden aren't new - I've said them for months, and they probably aren't going to go away. Whoever gets the nomination will have my vote, and if possible, my money, and I hope that whoever gets the nomination wins, but I just can't shake my unhappiness about the state of the race. After 2004 and 2016, I'm past the point where I'm able to tell myself things will be fine - I'm in a place where I just muddle through. I'm not implying you are somehow telling yourself things will be fine, in case my comments come across that way, I'm just talking about myself. If my comments are causing you pain then I will try to phrase them in a way that won't - or you can put me on ignore (not that you need my permission to be put on ignore, obviously) and I will understand. 

I agree Taylor's testimony was powerful in its own right, and isn't tainted by Trump's usual tweet rage, so people who aren't distracted will hone in on the real facts. I disagree about the media focus, which does hit people who are more easily distracted, but in the end I guess what the media says doesn't matter either way. Battle lines are hardened about impeachment, and it's just a waiting game until November 2020. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Agree.  The GOP really doesn't give a damn about the rules of law anymore.  They just do whatever they want, whenever they want, and however they want; and if anybody cries foul, they just cry Hillary/Obama.

The media never passes up ANOTHER opportunity to vilify Hillary.  They're as bad as the GOP are in their determination to bring her down at all costs.  Honestly, when will those people just leave her (and Bill, and the Obamas) the hell alone!?

Edited by Khan

• Members

Not surprised that drunk f-u-c-kface Matt Gaetz spearheaded the disruption. Not surprised Republicans are now whining about closed doors when that was the ROUTINE procedure when the GOP controlled all three branches. Also not surprised these Republicans brought their electronics into a secured area, which is illegal.

But, most of all, I am sadly not surprised that Democrats let these pieces of s-h-i-t get away with it and didn't have the Sergeant at Arms arrest them, which should have been done.