Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And while everyone is fixated on the Mueller Report, William Barr's DOJ has filed to not argue for the ACA at all. Meaning, Trump and these garbage people are backing a Texas judge's ruling this past December that the ENTIRE ACA is illegal and should be nullified.

What a way for Donnie Dump to celebrate his Mueller victory - by killing millions of people.

• Members

I don't know if anyone read the article that I posted last year about some business/financial issues that Michael Avenatti had concerning a coffeehouse franchise that he had bought and a former business associate that had taken legal action against Avenatti but for me, that case was a big red flag. 

For that reason alone, I did not want him to even consider a run for public office, although I accepted his status as an antagonist to Trump, although all that time antagonizing Trump seems to have been ill spent and, in the end, has provided an opportunity for Trump and his spawn to mock Avenatti.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

The most disturbing part is how normalized this has become. I just can't react most of the time. He's obsessed with killing the ACA. I never thought he'd give up and he never will. Beyond stripmining the planet and grifting for cash, his only real goal is to destroy anything Obama accomplished.

The more time passes the more judges he will have and the more likely he'll get what he wants. 

I'd say the Republicans in Congress wouldn't want this ruling because it would put a huge onus on them, but they likely know the media will spin it as a win for them and use it to hurt Democrats. 

• Members

Yes. I was just telling someone the other day that after to years of waking up everyday shocked that this is happened and not quite understanding how it did, I'm getting used to it.  And I even understand that I don't have a right to get used to it because its other people who are in danger, but the constant lying is wearing me down.

• Members

Yes. and it feels like it happened so quickly.  Sure, they were on the wrong side of decency for some time.  RR not fighting AIDS because it was killing gays, Bush with his surveillance, but to subvert democracy the way they are now is still something I wouldn't have expected.

• Members

If we're relying on charity minded rich people to help, we're really up sh it creek. 

There should be a baseline of humanity, yes, even in the government that money is set aside for people with special needs, whether it be physical or developmental.  If we accept that Reagonimic premise that government can't solve anything, we might as well get to crowdfunding public schools, trash collection and the fire department right now.  But I'm sure there is readily available money set aside in the Trump administration for arming teachers with M-16s in the classroom.

• Members

Amen. That is classic Republican thinking and not a good long term solution. I understand that you didn't mean it to be Khan.  I agree that in the short term raising money for things we believe in may be our only hope. Not just from rich people, but from the middle class. As a long term solution charity is not the answer and it never has been.  Private charity can supplement, but it cannot take the place of public policy when it comes to supporting important causes.