Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I honestly think that the thing that will do both Omar and AOC in at the polls is the constant drama they create. Remember back when we were talking about Joe Biden? So much of the appeal of Joe Biden would simply be a return to normalcy. Trump creates so much chaos the last thing some of us want is chaos agents on the left. Even people like us who are focused on politics are tired. Omar and AOC focus more on their online fan clubs than on their constituents. Interviews with some of Omar's constituents show people who really just want to keep their heads down because they know how quickly things can turn. They don't want to have to keep defending her words and actions. As for AOC, I think the Amazon pullout is going to drag her down. No matter what one thinks of the company, you can't run on "I threw away thousands of jobs."

• Members

Right!? It doesn't take a genius to see that if things go south in this country, the white supremacists will come for both the Jews and the Muslims.  Then for a lot more vulnerable people. I found the decision to de-fund the Special Olympics chilling.

• Members

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/03/26/after-ilhan-omar-controversy-poll-shows-drop-democrats-support-israel/

I can't say I'm too surprised to see the Beltway blaming Ilhan Omar for more Democrats moving away from Israel, as if she has somehow brainwashed millions of people in the space of a few months, when the truth is that the way Netanyahu has behaved over the last decade, especially his treatment of Obama, permanently poisoned the well.

• Members

The likes of Rees Mogg and Boris Johnson are so craven and opportunistic beyond words. Rees Mogg in particular shredded his credibility for a failed leadership gambit. 

They'd be at home in the GOP, although I have a feeling the likes of deathstar McConnell would crush them underfoot.