Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He not from Parkland, that's a parent of Sandy Hook shooting victim. That's very sad. I remember one of Sandy Hook victim parents saying the reason why she didn't kill herself  after the death of her child, was because of her religion and her other child. 

• Members

Yes, but I don't think it's a coincidence that these 3 people committed suicide within days of each other. Suicide spreads, which is why the rates spike when famous people kill themselves and why so many mental health experts were concerned about the show 13 Reasons Why. 

Would this man have killed himself if Parkland hadn't happened and two survivors hadn't killed themselves in recent days? We'll never know, but I'd wager it wouldn't have happened yesterday.

Lordy. He goes down and Trump is still standing.

Can this be true? I can hardly believe it.  Blocking child rape victims from getting an abortion. If it is true the injustice is truly appalling.   We are descending further into insanity by the day.

• Members

Even though I agree with some of the criticisms of AOC, I think she's hit the nail on the head. I'll add to it that we shouldn't be so sure that we can get rid of Trump.  As far as I can see we are in real danger in the next election.  The Russians will almost certainly interfere again and attempts at voter suppression will be off the charts. I also don't put it past the Republicans to try to delay the election by saying that it's compromised by interference. They have shown there is no line they won't cross.

• Members

For anyone with a dark sense of humor the front page of CNN is pretty funny right now. On top a story about how the Trump administration wants the entire ACA struck down.  Under it is a story about how The Pentagon has informed Congress that the $1B for the wall has been authorized. What a $hitshow.

• Members

I'm so glad that the Avenatti boomlet of last year did not last long. The man was skeevy and attention-seeking from the start and it made my skin crawl to see some Democrats pushing him and claiming he'd be good because he could take it to Trump or he would be "our" Trump. The irony is that Stormy Daniels was often portrayed as being in his shadow or beneath him, yet she has proven to be savvier and much more of a survivor.

The Newtown parents have gone through so many tragedies, not just losing their children but also being harassed every day, probably for the rest of their lives. I can see how the New Zealand tragedy, and how quickly their PM responded, must have been a terrible trigger. 

There's just such an ugly climate in this country and Trump and his followers feed off the ugliness. They make it even worse. I'm not surprised about the Mueller report. I never thought he would find a smoking gun (and if he did it will likely appear in a different form). I'm also not surprised the media has taken the opportunity to paint this as a big win for Trump and act like he's on the comeback trail. And I'm also not surprised at Trump's response or the response of his goons. I just wish that for a second there was even a possibility of dignity. When you think about all the fake scandals they tried to pin on Obama, and how he never went down to the level of those racist, toxic people...and look where we are now. 

Edited by DRW50