The Politics Thread

• Members

Exactly.  Between their unpopular tax agenda and their defeats in both Virginia and Alabama, many within the GOP who rely on corporate donors might be hatching contingency plans should the 2018 midterm elections not turn out well for them.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A "Democratic tsunami" sounds awfully nice...but I am so worried about getting my hopes up.  I mean, it LOOKS like the tide might turn next year against the GOP.  But there's probably an equal chance of the GOP bouncing back somehow before then.

• Members

He absolutely should. The democratic party overall should.  Some of those long lines people where standing in reminded me once again how unfair things are.  Charles Barkley was right that the democrats should be doing more for POC and poor white people.

I also agree with you that the democratic party should probably give up on some people,  poor white evangelicals in particular.  If they want to live and die over the abortion issue I don't think anyone can stop them. Hopefully, Jane is right and more people will wake up.

• Members

I'd guess he's more aware that he won't be able to keep his Speaker job for much longer. He may have a primary challenge but I think he could survive it as he hasn't angered the base the way Cantor and Boehner did. I don't think he'd last as Speaker much longer though. The so-called freedom caucus and their endless tantrums and power moves have made the Speaker's job a poisoned chalice and that will cause more and more problems in future.

Edited by DRW50