Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I've seen a few of those comments but not as a whole. The DNC's primary effort was to target African Americans and Millennials and apparently worked hard with the Jones campaign, the NAACP there, and also black faith leaders. I guess they did find a gap in outreach but the DNC actually helped pull it together in collaboration with the Black Faith Community and the NAACP. The DNC spent all their money in those areas and the grassroots efforts organized knocked on more than 400k doors.

I do think this was a pushback on not just Moore but Trump. Whatever the motivation, I hope it dispels the rumor black voters only turn out in mass when Obama is on the ballot. Which is ridiculous. They consistently vote in higher numbers and also turned out in Virginia, without the credit they have gotten in Alabama.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Good. This shows one of the reasons why the AL Senate race was important (even though that isn't given as a reason it does apply more pressure). I just wish all the other unqualified hacks were getting the same treatment. This guy was ridiculous. I still can't believe he didn't even tell them his wife worked in the WH. 

• Members

I saw those tweets too and I have to admit that I truly don't understand what those voters want. Moore is a lunatic who was running on the position that life was better during slavery. I can't imagine a mindset where keeping that guy out of office isn't enough of a motivation.

But if I'm honest, I suspect some of those black voters are Sanders supporters who have bought into his con. They want to hear "medicare for all" and "fight for $15" and "free college" and "legal weed" and if they don't hear those buzzwords they tune out. JMHO.

Bernie trying to take credit for Jones' win is a whole new level of aint-shitness. He's no different than Trump taking credit for the Obama economy.

Edited by marceline
Spacing

• Members

He also doesn't have tact, class, grace...at least GWB wasn't constantly calling people juvenile names in public. Agree or disagree with GWB, at least he carried himself with SOME dignity...at least in the public eye.

Omarosa is just SCARY. I'm surprised that she wasn't Trump's running mate.

How about THIS???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2017/12/13/kentucky-lawmaker-who-was-accused-of-molesting-a-teenage-girl-likely-killed-himself-coroner-says/

Edited by amybrickwallace

• Members

I am thoroughly perplexed at the GOP push to pass a very unpopular tax bill. It's approval is in the mid 20's and is less popular than the last tax increase. I mean seriously outside of pleasing their donors, who is this for. It doesn't seem the American people are buying it, not even GOP voters. Congressional reps up for re-election in 2018 in New York, New Jersey, California will get killed and there are enough GOP reps just in those states to swing control back to the democrats. It's mind boggling.

• Members

And again, we say, "Goodbye, good riddance, goodbye."

Except, even "Felicia" is too good for the likes of Omarosa.  Seriously.  Felicia doesn't want her name even MENTIONED in the same breath as Omarosa.  Just don't.

IA with Carl: the GOP believes they need to accomplish something this year.  Otherwise, they'll probably run the risk of their voters writing them off as a failed, do-nothing Congress.  However, as I think I've said upthread, I see the GOP as being caught in a no-win situation of their own making.  If Congress pushes through their tax agenda, they'll please their donors, but lose the faith, respect and, most importantly, support of their voters.  But, OTOH, if they don't succeed in getting the tax bill into the books, the voters might be satisfied, but the donors will likely cut off their cash supply.  Damned if they do, damned if they don't (...and ain't life grand).

Edited by Khan