Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OMG! Doug Jones won! I truly went to bed thinking that Roy Moore's bigoted, racist, homophobic, pedophile ass was going to win. I am so happy!

And to top that off, did anyone see USA Today's scathing rebuke of the President?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/12/12/trump-lows-ever-hit-rock-bottom-editorials-debates/945947001/

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Eric83

• Members

Very informative thread on the grassroots efforts to get out the votes. I have had my critiques of the effectiveness of today's NAACP but the Alabama chapter really stepped up their efforts in this special election!

Believe it or not, I try to avoid Trump's tweets but I did hear stirrings about  what many described as his insulting, rabidly sexist and misogynistic comments about Sen. Gillibrand.

And this is the president that we all are supposed to treat as a "normal"  head of state?? Are we supposed to give this respect??

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I've had my issues with the DNC but they played this perfectly.

"Despite publicly remaining mum on the race, the Democratic National Committee spent nearly $1 million on the contest while dispatching and funding 30 aides here, a party official told POLITICO. That push came just as Jones sought to distance himself from the national party and win over conservatives.

It was a politically delicate move. Jones’ detractors have tried painting him as a tool of the national party, so Democrats in Washington have tried treading carefully in order to avoid leaving too much of a footprint in a state where Democrats haven’t won a Senate seat in over two decades. The effort paid off: Jones prevailed Tuesday."

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/12/alabama-senate-democrats-jones-293496