Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

And that's what I, as a onetime Obama critic, have come to love and appreciate about our former president.  No matter how I felt at the time about Obama's presidency, I'd have to agree that it was paradise compared to today.

I'm happy to hear that Trump's alleged sexual harassment victims are speaking out and demanding an official investigation.  IDK how far they'll get with THIS Congress, but just the fact that they are "standing up," especially in the light of Al Franken's resignation, means a lot.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Why I can no longer call myself an Evangelical Republican

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/09/opinion/sunday/wehner-evangelical-republicans.html?rref=collection%2Ftimestopic%2FEvangelism&action=click&contentCollection=timestopics&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=collection&_r=0

When discussion surfaces in terms of the destruction of institutions, that includes the White Evangelical Church. there is also a huge difference between the Black Evangelicals and White Evangelicals. 

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Preach it Wendy.  Let's add to all this that :

1. Trump lies constantly. I have never seen a more shameless and prolific liar in my entire life.

2. A free press is the corner stone of democracy and Trump is constantly trying to undermine it.

3. He retweets white supremacists and Muslim hating extremists, which is obviously a tacit endorsement. He has ripped the social fabric of our nation apart.

4. He is bringing us to the brink of war with North Korea.

5. He is contemplating starting an intelligence agency that is loyal to him personally. Think on that a bit. What's next, secret police?

6. He is giving ICE a free hand to terrorize people including sick little girls.  What kind of human being hounds a scared little girl in her hospital bed? The kind I don't want holding a badge and gun, but these types thrive under Trump,

Remember in history class when they talk about the holocaust and warn you that if you aren't vigilant it could happen again. Yeah, this is who and what they were talking about.  The only thing those of us resisting are doing wrong is being too complacent. I see now how the Nazi's came to power. Step by step the evil becomes normal and it's hard to do anything about it on the individual level.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

Plus let's just deal with the fact that the man is a narcissistic sociopath with dementia. This isn't just about policy, it's about fitness to hold the office. He's way too lazy for this job and his laziness is draining the treasury as he spends all of his time golfing. If it's true that he spends hours watching TV every day that mean underlings are the ones really running the country so that is a national security issue. 

Trump (and the Republican Party in general) is a threat that this country has never seen before. Our democracy is being dismantled right in front of us.