Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Another reminder of just how many of the privileged few tend to fail upwards. Margaret Spellings is included as a voice of wisdom in this article on the struggles universities are facing with the public. No mention of her anti-gay crusade against PBS or her general foolishness while Secretary of Education.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/19/college-university-backlash-elitism-296898

• Members

Every House seat is up next year. That's why I'm focusing on groups like Swing Left and Flippable to help me know which ones we can turn. Given the Russia investigation and the sexual harassment scandal, we going to have a better chance at some of these seats as some of these folks suddenly opt for "retirement."

• Members

Also, those are those areas comprised some of the areas with the highest property taxes.

The mortgage tax cap included in this tax scam bill is highly unpopular in much of the Northeast and West Coast and these Reps. know that voting for it would ensure that they'd be dodging rocks and other projectiles when they return to their constituencies.

Hopefully they all get voted out in '18 also.

• Members

So do I.  Right now, it seems like enough are mad at the GOP to flip come midterms.  BUT, I smell war in the war; and usually, when there's war, people flock back to the flag-waving, jingoistic GOP.

Yeah, shutting down the gov't. isn't exactly the best alternative for us.