The Politics Thread

• Members

I guess we (or me, anyway) take for granted how these men who get all their money from their family are so naive. I was one of those who hoped that Jared and Ivanka would be some kind of a balance, but as the year has passed I get the feeling that Jared's as bad as any of them, while Ivanka is mostly just, as the 2017 word of the year says, complicit.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The soon to be implemented tax bill already causing confusion, anxiety and anger in blue states as people discover that prepaying property tax before the law goes into effect is no guarantee that they will get the full deduction (i.e. no $10K cap) this year.

Many state governors of blue states like NY (Cuomo), VA, the mayor of Washington, DC, even outgoing NJ governor Chris Christie signed executive orders allowing property owners to prepay before the New Year, in order to circumvent the property tax deduction cap of the new law this year.  Tax lawyers admit that there is no guarantee that this will work.

Those pockets of Republican voters in Nassau County, Staten Island, will now reap what they have sown.

Last-Minute Rush to Prepay Taxes Gives Way to Confusion and Anger

• Members

Oh, I don't doubt that, at all. Ironically, Trump was pals with dirtbag lawyer Roy Cohn. Until Cohn got AIDS. Then Trump ignored him.

So I bet he was easily influenced if this was Pence's brainstorm. Amazing, since neither man has a brain. Or a heart.

• Members

They were both pretty contemptible.  Cohn denied he was gay, even as he lay dying of Aids. I read a long-form article last year during election season all about their relationship.

I don't expect anything near humanity from either Trump or Pence. I wish there were some way to remove them both from office.

Speaking of politicians that I would love to see lose their job, did Marco Rubio have the never to say "Probably"??

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The biggest troll of them all, of course, is the young Starbucks barista who has the unfortunate (dis-)honor of being Bubbles' secret gay lover.  He REALLY wishes Bubbles would Make America Gay Again.  That is, when he isn't wishing Bubbles would leave his wife and declares his love for him on national television.