Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Has Trump ever been the one fully making decisions? For almost a year, I've gotten the feeling that nobody is in charge.  Just a staff tiptoeing around an explosive 'personality' hoping he won't blow and  trying to cover his tracks when he has the inevitable tantrum or outburst.

• Members

I'm not sure what to think about all this talk of Oprah being our next president.  Part of me balks at another unqualified billionaire being elected due to a cult of personality. Another part of me thinks it would be a good thing to break the barrier of a black women becoming president. Anything is better than another four years of Trump.

• Members

I think she'd be a very good President - she's always seemed incredibly intelligent and has good survival skills - but I think her support would be overestimated, mostly because white female voters have shown they will vote for any Republican any time, and I doubt white men will have much support for her. Oprah running would also make it easy for the media to stay in their bubble, which is one of the reasons they were so helpful to Trump in 2015 and 2016.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I think that underestimates Oprah Winfrey. Sure it's cult of personality at this point, but she is entirely self made and successful. She lived in poverty, was abused as a teenager, and went on to likely be the most successful woman in media.  She's an entrepreneur, a CEO, a humanitarian, and an activist. I'm not confident she'd run and running for president would change a lot of things for her, does she want that. Putting all that aside I think she'd be great. She's relatable and based on her upbringing and her own experiences, empathy has been her strongest trait IMO. And she's also intelligent and as Carl said a survivor.