Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I almost can't believe this, but that "Norwegians are leaving" scene - which is quite famous - is apparently not on YT. I know there are many gifs of it floating around though. This may have to suffice for now.

Please register in order to view this content

Or this:

• Members

They won't. This is how many of them feel. It's what all that stuff about cutting the lottery is about. They only want rich white people coming over, or these women who are having Russian babies. They'll probably cheer him.

Thanks @Vee . Yet again Twin Peaks is prescient in the ways I'd rather it wasn't. I just wish we had Audrey there to raise hell...

• Members

Poor Jim Acosta.  He was so embarrassed having to quote 45.  Then when he said something along the lines of "This president seems to harbor racist views of people of color from other countries".  He was so uncomfortable saying that, while many of us are there thinking "No $hit! Not just other countries either".  It still stuns me that we have an open racist in the white house.

Some of them like to have it both ways. They distance themselves a little and then vote for his policies.

• Members

Democrats and the media need to stop kissing these people’s asses and engage black voters who may WANT to vote for the Democratic Party but have been given little reason to. The fact that we have spent a whole year hand wringing about why white People with racist views voted for Trump, we need to talk about why black voters were so dissatisfied with the Democrat Party that they stayed home in the face of Trump becoming president. This is literally white privilege. 

• Members

IA -- and from what I could see, a major reason why Doug Jones won in Alabama (aside from the fact, of course, that he wasn't Judge Roy Moore) was that his campaign team made a concerted effort to reach out to and engage ethnic minorities.  

Now, I'm sure some might have seen their attempts as pandering or patronizing, but I say, it's no different from Trump reaching out to older, white, working-class voters with misconceptions about everyone who isn't "like them." However, the difference is that unlike Jones, Trump cultivated HIS voting base by playing on their prejudices and fears.

IMO, the Democratic Party would be wise to follow Jones' example.

• Members

And we're outraged, and we SHOULD be outraged.  But, I just keep asking myself, does it really make any difference now?  I've BEEN fed up with Trump's peculiar brand of nonsense, but I'm even more fed up with the fact that there's nothing that anyone can or will do to stop it.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Yes, I think it matters.  This kind of nationalism is a disease that can spread.  I like to believe that people are starting to see through 45, but I always find comments like the ones he made coming from any leader as dangerous.  We cannot be rid of this evil man soon enough.

• Members

They better not have this SHITHOLE President involved in celebrating anything       

related to MLK’s b day on Monday. And I know the democrats have limited influence but I wish they would just walk away from this bigot.

OT

So I can’t find the article now but apparently Walmart is closing more Sams clubs than originally reported. Over 11,000 people were laid off. So for all those great bonuses and the pay increase they needed to make to match Target, looks like those great taxcuts had zero to do with it.

Edited by JaneAusten