Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/12/28/2018-america-new-year-economy-everything-is-awesome-216159

Politico has this every year for the last few years - it was especially glaring last year as I felt like we were going to hell.

This year even he admits that anything "good" in America is stained by our resident and that the wonderful, wonderful economy actually isn't going to matter much for most people. 

• Members

True. At times it's felt like a purgatory to me, with the worst to come (and I'm not one of those who is waiting for "Santa Mueller" to save the day so I don't even have that). I dearly hope that next year will prove me wrong, but I wake up every day wondering if this is the end. I guess a lot of people in the world have felt that way all their lives, so it reminds me of how privileged I was - and still am - compared to many.

• Members

We'll know in the fall of 2018.  If there is a crack down and even higher levels of voter suppression we'll know that our democracy is really screwed.  If there is a relatively free and fair election we might be at the beginning of the end of this nightmare.   Assuming 45 doesn't get us into WWIII, of course.

I see that a lot of people smarter than myself seem to think that Mueller will come up with evidence of money laundering and that Kushner was involved. We'll see. It takes some hubris to go down that road after you've seen your own father do time.