The Politics Thread

• Members

No they don't. These people are as incompetent as he is. Kushner and Ivanka - Ivanka especially - live and embody Trump's worldview which they have deeply internalized. Everyone in his circle has been Trumpified.

And no, Scaramucci was not hired just to fire Priebus. He was hired because Trump wanted it. He was their idea of "turning things around" with an exciting new PR man. He was intended to be a long-term change and he flamed out in ten days. That is their business sense. That is their intellect level. That is their sense of politics. Stop assuming these people know what they're doing. They have no idea.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The way things have gone thus far - I think Kelly is tough, but will try to save face as long as he can.  Won't want to be a quitter.  But, I think if his advice isn't being heeded (it won't, because Dump isn't smart enough to listen to anyone) - I think I give it...2 months.  But - It depends on whether there's a war or not - there probably will be.  If there's a war, he'll be there for - I say the tenure of the Presidency. 

• Members

IMPO, Kelly is gone this time next month. he's been COS for what, 3 days, and already he and Orange Cheeto Puff are butting heads? Trump is just God awful. Kelly is his last chance to have anything that comes close to even the stupid Trumpians to restart this crapshow....if he gets into it with him, gave over man, game over. 

• Members

Already??

It's sad that most of us consider war one of those not-if-but-when inevitabilities under Trump's administration.  I mean, I don't think anyone was even THINKING about war with Dubya before 9/11.  But Trump?  Yep, it's a foregone conclusion that we'll be fighting somebody before it's over.

The article makes it sound as if Kelly and Trump's argument happened some time before he was elevated to the Chief of Staff gig.  Nevertheless, it might not bode well for the two to share such a contentious history.  After all, that's what helped boot Priebus out of the WH.

If Kelly ends up getting canned, then I wouldn't be surprised to hear Trump announce (probably via Twitter) he won't be looking for a new COS, because he believes he can assume those duties and still be Prez.

Edited by Khan

• Members

IOW, 1600 Penn is about to undergo the tackiest makeover ever.

Frankly, I keep waiting for the news that North Korea has launched a missile directly toward us.  Because, if that happens, you KNOW we're going to war; and if we go to war, you also know Trump's second term is pretty much a "lock."

• Members

A part of me thinks it will happen (especially because I do think North Korea will be acting soon), and a part of me thinks Trump is going to try to avoid conflict, beyond posturing, as much as he can, either because it confuses him or bores him or he doesn't like to do work. He has repeatedly seemed to think that tsk-tsking China is going to be all he needs to do.