The Politics Thread

• Members

And I agree.  But I also think the military would have no other option.  Trump simply cannot be trusted in matters pertaining to our protection against enemies from abroad; and if the Pentagon and the IC can't see WHY he can't be trusted at this point, it's because they don't want to see it.

I'm starting to wonder whether McCain's actions have been some calculated form of payback for the comments Trump made about him during the campaign.

Trust me, it comes from years of practice.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The IC declared war on Donnie when he stood up at the CIA memorial wall cracking jokes about his inauguration while his paid sycophants laughed in the background. The FBI started coming for him the day he fired Comey. I'm guessing his little stunt with tweeting military policy was the last straw for the armed forces. 

• Members

I'm not wondering about it at all.....IMPO that's EXACTLY why he did it.to teach that POS a lesson.....you don;t talk [!@#$%^&*] about someone and think it won;t come back to rip out that funky ass of yours. he did it to himself......and the worst for Trump is yet to come. 

• Members

Yep.  I shouldn't give that man credit for being savvy, but I feel like Trump looked at his options and felt he had no choice BUT to sign, lest he wanted to add fuel to the "Trump is Putin's bitch" fire.  Of course, unless he's worked out something privately with them, the Russians will end up putting him on THEIR (s)hit list as well.

Boy, I hope Trump is really regretting running for president.

IA.  On the one hand, we all know how the military REALLY feels about gays and transgendered people.  ("Don't ask, don't tell," anyone?)  But, OTOH, a soldier IS a soldier, and I think even your most hard-core, right-wing, conservative war hawk can't help but appreciate, however begrudgingly, anyone who risks life and limb in the name of protecting our country.

And now I hear Trump is coming for Murkowski, who's chairperson of the Senate committee that could determine, among other things, whether his candidates for the Department of the Interior are approved, and whether his precious policy rollbacks for the energy industry will see the metaphorical light of day.  And all because she thought her constituents in Alaska deserved a better deal than Ahab's "skinny repeal."  Yeah, Donny, that's gonna work out REAL well fer ya.

Edited by Khan

• Members

How can anyone feel secure with such a man as Trump at the helm?? He's actually terrorizing people over healthcare. You know what that makes him?

Please register in order to view this content

Which is probably why Sally Yates feels that the Judiciary needs protection...from Trump.

Sally Yates: Protect the Justice Department From President Trump

• Members

NY and 16 other states filed against this a few months back. I imagine if they attempt to proceed, the case will be bumped up.

Oh and for THOSE WHO HAVE NO CLUE OR DON"T READ, congress already receives insurance through Obamacare. THat was a mandate when the ACA was passed. Oh and for something so bad, they kept themselves exempt from any new healthcare bill proposed and decided to keep Obamacare for themselves. The elites and takers in this country are sitting in the Capital and The White House, not in communities

Edited by JaneAusten